49.2769444444447.0311111111111Koordinaten: 49 ° 16 ' 37 "N, 7 ° 1' 52" E
Location of Dudweiler in Saarland
Dudweiler is a district of Saarland, Saarbrücken with 19 881 inhabitants (as at 31 December 2008).
- 2.1 Development of Population
- 3.1 municipality Dudweiler
- 7.1 Fastnacht
- 7.2 Music
- 7.3 Other
- 7.4 Sports
- 9.1 freeman
- 9.2 Sons and daughters of Dudweiler
- 9.3 persons acting, or had died on the spot
Dudweiler located in Sulzbach between the Saarbrücken city center ( St. Johann ) and the city of Sulzbach.
Other neighboring towns are Fischbach- Campenhausen, St. Ingbert, Rentrisch, Scheidt, Jägersfreude and Herrensohr.
In the area of today's Dudweiler several stone, bronze and Iron Age remains have been found. From the Celtic period two tumuli originate in the vicinity of Three spell stone. Remains of a Roman temple found on the Old Büchel. The Grühlingsstraße, today the motorway A 623, partially along the route of a Roman road.
977 Dudweiler is first mentioned: in Metz Emperor Otto II confirmed the nunnery of St. Peter the possession of the chapel in Duodonisvillare ( hamlet of Dudo ). Dudo is often described as a Frankish nobleman who owned a farm here. However this view is controversial and unsupported by any evidence. Rather, there is strong evidence that the patron might have been Duke Liudolf (Schwaben ). He was the half brother of Emperor Otto II and was also called Dudo.
1542 Dudweiler had only 23 households, or about 150 inhabitants. In addition to acquiring the small-scale character of the village has been dug for coal, but remained for the next two hundred years. From the second half of the 18th century, coal mining became increasingly important. The so-called Nassauer Hof in Saarbrücken Street was the middle of the 19th century for some years the seat of a Prussian mining office. Due to the influx of workers in the second half of the 19th century Dudweiler developed rapidly. In 1950, there were three coal mines in full bloom. The end of the closure of mining, now located on Quierschieder spell mine Campenhausen marked in 1990. From the mid-19th century to 1944 Dudweiler had a private, non-partisan newspaper that Dudweiler newspaper.
Around 1960 Dudweiler was designated his then 29,000 inhabitants within the region as "the largest village in Europe ". On September 12, 1962 Dudweiler received city rights.
On January 1, 1974, the Saarland territorial and administrative reform led to the loss of independence and forced incorporation into the state capital of Saarbrücken. However Dudweiler retained as the only municipality of the special status of a full district mayor. With 35:26 Voices of Saarbrücken City Council voted on 29 January 2013 as the abolition of this item. In total, by the end of 2014 from eight job cuts and thus over 700,000 euros can be saved.
A wide variety of craft and service companies dominate the industry today. True industrial jobs are only relatively few available. A sizable, historically evolved shopping street with pedestrian zone is located in the town center. The proximity to the campus of the University of Saarland in Saarbrücken city forest makes Dudweiler for the student body has become a popular place of residence.
Development of the population
The population increased from 1974-2008 by about 30 %.
Dudweiler, which also is my finished Scheidt and the former district of Saarbrücken Jägersfreude were summarized as part of the administrative and territorial reform 1 January 1974 under the name "district Dudweiler " to an administrative unit within the state capital of Saarbrücken.
Herrensohr, founded in 1856 as a mining settlement belongs, strictly speaking, to Dudweiler. Although never independently, Herrensohr is still considered within the Municipality Dudweiler as a separate district, so that the Municipality of the four districts
- Jägersfreude and
- Scheidt is.
The municipality had on 31 December 2008 a total of 28 164 inhabitants, of which accounted for 19 881 Dudweiler on Herrensohr 2214 on Jägersfreude 1972 and Scheidt 4097 inhabitants.
A special feature of the Municipality Dudweiler 1974 was given its own district administration and a full-time district mayor. The district mayor shall (without voting rights ) the chair of the Provincial Council. The county council is Dudweiler the lower local government body with 21 elected voting members.
Since the local elections of 7 June 2009, the District Council is composed as follows:
- CDU - 6 seats
- SPD - 6 seats
- The Left - 4 seats
- FDP - 3 seats
- GREEN - 2 seats
- The Old Tower in the playground of the school tower, a former church tower ( 13-14. Century). One of the oldest, never destroyed, buildings in the Saarland.
- Catholic church of St. Mary (19th century) with a Pietà from the 14th century and a large painting by August von Heyden: Saint Barbara appears an unfortunate miner.
- Ev. Christ Church ( 19th century).
- Ev. Holy Spirit Church ( 20th century) according to the plans of architect Rudolf and Klaus Krüger 1966 to 1967ausgeführt and glass works by Ferdinand Selgrad
- Catholic church of St. Barbara ( 20th century) with stained glass windows by Gabriel Loire.
- St. Boniface Catholic Church ( 20th century).
- Mansion Dudweiler ( 1984) ( design architect Gottfried Böhm, Cologne, design and construction supervision Alfred Werner Maurer )
- Civic center Dudweiler with department store passage, Residential and commercial buildings (architects design Gottfried Böhm, Cologne, design and construction supervision Alfred Werner Maurer ).
- Memorial in the Saarbrücken street of Heinrich Otto ( 1926). Memorial to the victims of the two world wars.
- De Monn with as long Stong un two Dudwiller Kinner by Zoltan Hencze. A monument to the gas lamplighter at the Old Market (1989).
- Sculpture " Mountain man on the spot " by Zoltan Hencze (1992 ) of steel in the Fischbachstraße the fire station.
- Burning Mountain. A discredited fire coal seam that has already been visited and described by Goethe.
- Knight's Castle by H.R. Beautiful Wolf, 50 x 50 m², has parapets, battlements and towers, there are visitors from all over the world.
St. Mary's Church
Memorial and memorial at the same time
De Monn with as long Stong
Primary School Tower School
The historic consecration hall at the cemetery with Sepulkralmuseum
Look at Dudweiler, taken by the slag heap Lydia
Christ Church ( Protestant)
Mansion Dudweiler (draft Gottfried Böhm )
The former hospital St. Joseph the cts- Sisters of the Holy Spirit gGmbH in the monastery road was opened in 1899. From relatively humble beginnings a modern, high-performance, cross-regional health center developed until today. For some time it was merged with the cts- Klinik St. Theresia (Saarbrücken Rastpfuhl ) for Caritas St. Josef Hospital Saarbrücken, Dudweiler.
Partnerships / Sponsorship
Partnerships with Duttweiler (Pfalz ) and since 1964 with Saint- Avold in Lorraine (France) since 1959. Since 1969 Dudweiler patenschaftlich is connected to the Bundeswehr Merzig location ( Airborne Support Battalion 262).
- DCC ( Dudweilerer Carnevall Club )
- HKV - home and Cultural Association Dudweiler North
- KG Green Carnation e.V.
- KG Dudweiler - head Pfaff 1955 e.V
- Thalia songs Choir ( Choral )
- Male Choir harmony
- Musikzug 1968 Dudweiler
- Schubert Choir, Dudweiler ( Mixed Choir )
- [ Catholic German Student Association Carolus Magnus in CV]
- ASC Dudweiler
- ATV Dudweiler
- HSG Dudweiler -Fischbach ( handball)
The municipality is home to Dudweiler following state institutions:
- , Moved to College of administering the Saarland ( Dudweiler ) in September 2012 to Quierschied - Göttelborn
- State Office for cadastral, surveying and cartography - Maps and geodata distribution ( Scheidt )
- Provincial Archives of Saarbrücken ( Scheidt )
- State Institute of Education and the Media ( Dudweiler )
- Center for Political Education Saarland ( Dudweiler )
- Literary Archive Saar -Lor -Lux - Alsace ( Dudweiler )
- Unfallkasse Saarland ( Dudweiler )
Sons and daughters of Dudweiler
- Franz Friedrich Christian Fauth (1841-1905), educator
- Johann Georg Jaberg (* 1697 ), hochgräflicher hunters to Dudweiler
- Liesbet Dill (1877-1962), writer
- Hey August (1897-1978), politician
- Even Hermann ( b. 1928 ), politician
- Ferdi Behle's (* 1929), politician
- Hans -Walter Herrmann ( born 1930 ), historian and archivist
- Fresh Bertram (1931-2006), materials scientists
- Charly Lehnert (* 1938), writer, publisher, editor, graduate designer
- François de Sarre ( * 1947 ), zoologist and evolutionist
- Bitterly Joachim ( b. 1948 ), diplomat
- Max Fox ( born 1948 ), educational and cultural scientists, longtime German Cultural Council Chairman
- Harald Fuchs ( born 1951 ), physicist
- Ingrid Peters (born 1954 ), singer
- Christian High needle ( * 1976 ), German racing driver
- Fiona Erdmann (* 1988), fashion model
Personalities that act locally, worked or died
- Ferdinand Selgrad (* 1927), glass and muralist, painter and mosaic artist who also works in bronze
- Franz Mörscher (* 1931), German sculptor, mosaic artist, painter, photographer and non-fiction author