The Dulcie Ranges National Park is a 191 km ² large park in the south of the Northern Territory, Australia.
The park is located about 220 km north-east of Alice Springs and is part of the 2000 km ² area of the Dulcie Range. Accessible is the area with all-terrain vehicles on the Plenty Highway, one of the branches in north direction when Huckitta Station Homestead.
The national park is situated in the territory of the Arrernte people. He was with his water holes for the Aborigines a reliable source of water and food. In the park there are about 100 sites with rock paintings. The most important, Ataperraperre called, is located on Mount Ultim and is sacred to the Aborigines.
With Charles Winnecke the first Europeans reached in 1878 Dulcie -range area. 1896 was followed by the Australian geologist H.Y.L. Brown, who gets Barclay MacPherson Expedition in 1912. Was not until 1916, the mountain range its name from TE Day, who names it after his daughter Edith Dulcie Coates. The Old Huckitta station whose ruins can still be seen today, was built in 1920. There, for the first time agriculture was operated in the area.
The mountain range of the Dulcie Range is a sandstone plateau that rises from the surrounding level by 50 to 150 meters. The plateau is cut by numerous small rivers which have left gorges and rock holes. Many of them are filled year-round with water.