DÃ¼wag TW 6000
The TW 6000 is a light rail vehicle type that is used in the Hanover Stadtbahn ( Üstra ).
As 1965 began in Hanover with the construction of the tunnels and the transformation of the tram network for city rail network, also had a new vehicle to be developed because the car used so far did not meet the requirements of a light rail operation. The new vehicle should enable a two-way operation, can use high and low platforms and provide more comfort for passengers.
For testing purposes, the Üstra procured in 1970, two six-axle prototype of Linke- Hofmann -Busch (Tw 600) and Düwag (Tw 601). This red / white painted vehicles were 2.5 meters wide and 19.5 meters long. Technically, they differed in some points, so you could choose the most suitable components for production cars. Tw 601 had some technical similarities to the Düwag type of Mannheim. The vehicles were tested to 1975 primarily on a line 14 ( Oberricklingen - Kirchrode ) in regular service and shut off after commissioning of the first TW -6000 - series vehicles. Because of the large width, there were prohibitions encounter in many places. Tw 600 in 1978 returned to the manufacturer LHB and scrapped in 1988. Tw 601 was transferred in 1975 to Vancouver, Canada, where Siemens Canada wanted to use it as a demonstration vehicle. In fact, he was only 13 years off. In 1988 he was sold to Edmonton, where he is employed since 2005 at the Tramway Museum ( Edmonton Radial Railway Society) on the High Level Bridge line.
The experiences from the testing of the prototypes were used in the TW -6000 series. There was a achtachsiges rail vehicle with a length of around 28 meters and 2.4 meters in width. Unlike the prototype, the railcars were painted lime green, with white areas were released below the side windows for outdoor advertising. Manufacturer of the first delivery series of 100 pieces was the Düwag for the car structural part and AEG, Kiepe and Siemens for the electrical equipment. Of labor market policy reasons LHB received the next orders to let the build railcars in Lower Saxony.
On 23 December 1974, Düwag unit was 6001 delivered the first vehicle in Hanover. By 1993, a total of 260 units were delivered, which were always adapted to the prior art. Thus they formed the largest enclosed urban railway vehicle series in Germany.
A single car unit can carry up to 150 passengers. In normal operation, most operate two units coupled in a train. In addition to the TW - 6000 series is on the rail network, introduced in 1997 rail type TW 2000 is established.
Rail grinding car
Based on a TW -6000 vehicle in 1985, LHB of a six-axis rail grinding cars for Üstra built (TW 841 ), which is still in use today. An identical vehicle in 1993 at the Leipzig Transport delivered (Tw 5090 ). This was sold to the new tram service in Bergen 2010.
Technically, the TW 6000 highly innovative in its commissioning. It was the first tramcar in Germany, who possessed a chopper thyristor control and energy recovery during braking.
The top speed of 80 km / h ( were reaches 90 km / h), but will not run in Hanoverian network, since there are no routes where the speed limit is more than 70 km / hr. The two DC motors Tandem afford each 217 kilowatts at 750 volts catenary voltage and a maximum current of 900 amperes. They are installed horizontally and longitudinally in the first and last trucks to drive both axles of the bogie.
The maximum acceleration is 1.0 m / s ², the maximum delay of 3.0 m / s ² ( emergency braking ). Braking is by means of regenerative braking (motor short-circuit brake ) solenoid brake, spring brake in the two engine frames and the leading bogie and magnetic rail brakes on all four bogies. If necessary, sand can also be scattered.
By means of the Scharfenberg coupler can be coupled together several vehicles, technically, the limit is four units. However, in Germany, only operation of tram associations is allowed to 75 meters in length. Therefore, three-car trains are only exceptionally used at major events on the routes to the fairgrounds.
The technique has been revised during the long period of delivery. The railcar from No. 6206 has been redesigned vehicles braking electronics with GTO thyristors.
The TW 6000 have adopted the line of traffic not only to the converted respectively to rail lines, but also on several nor the tram network associated lines, if there the building conditions (absence of loops) not operating with trams would allow more. Examples are the line 14 1984-1989 after the opening of the extension to Roderbruch and the line 10 from about 1990, after degradation of the loop Limmer.
The vehicles can operate over the entire rail network. Since some sections have not yet been developed for the slightly wider TW 2000, operate on lines 5, 9, 10 and 17 exclusively TW 6000. The TW 6000 is expected to start in 2013 after being replaced by the TW 3000.
After the Expo 2000 were 82 vehicles for a short rail line in Houten (TW 6016, 6021), to the tram The Hague ( TW 6037, 6053, 6055, 6057, 6058, 6064, 6098, 6099 ) and to the BKV Zrt. sold in Budapest. For use in Budapest tram railways, new windows and were in yellow (the typical tram in Budapest color ) repainted. 2010, the eight Hague were resold TW 6000 to Budapest. The end of 2011 a further 10 vehicles were sold following a tendering procedure at the Budapest Transport Company. In the meantime, go 101 TW 6000 in Budapest. Other trucks serve as a source of spare parts. The tracks were numbered from 1500 to 1592 ( TW6000 ) and 1600-1609 ( TW6100 ( LHB ) ).
More vehicles are parked in Hanover, so in Hanover, only 146 vehicles are in use, including the obtained except as a museum car TW 6001, none of the first series of Düwag.
TW 6000 in The Hague
TW 6016 in Houten
TW 6000 in Houten Castellum