Ebersecken is a municipality in the constituency Willisau the canton of Lucerne in Switzerland.
- 3.1 municipal
- 4.1 Tourism
- 4.2 traffic
Ebersecken lies between two ranges of hills on Rickenbach in a western tributary of the Wiggertals in the northern part of the canton of Lucerne. The community consists of numerous ramified hamlets and farmsteads. The hamlet Goldbach ( 643 m asl ) is located for example, 1,3 km to the northwest, the enclave Lingi ( 698 m) 2.3 km south of the hamlet Badachtal ( 525 m asl ) 1.4 km to the southeast and Wallbrig (604 m) 2.2 km southeast of the village. 78.8 % of the municipal area of 857 ha is agricultural land. Other 17.4% is covered by forest and woodland, and only 3.7% is urbanized area. Ebersecken is in a so-called " dead zone ", ie, the cell phone reception is very poor, even impossible in some cases.
The number of inhabitants rose to 1860 on incessantly. Then she went massive back to 1900. In the first half of the 20th century, the population fluctuated constantly. From 1950 on they fell to a historic low in 1990 and since then has hardly risen.
The population speaks a high- Alemannic dialect. At the last census in 2000 gave 98,02 % of the inhabitants of German, 1.24 % and 0.25 % Albanian French as a primary language.
Religions - faiths
The population is traditionally Roman Catholic. According to the latest information ( as of 2000) the religious composition is as follows: 86.63 Roman Catholics, 5.69% Evangelical Protestant Christians, 2.23% and 0.99 % non-religious Muslims.
Almost all residents are Swiss ( 95.79 % without - resp. 96.78 % including dual citizens ). The few immigrants are Albanians from Kosovo, Southern Europeans, Dutch, German and Austrians. The proportion of foreigners in 2003 was 2.7%.
The people is the supreme policy-making body and can manifest itself through elections, referendums and at the community meeting.
In the last local elections in 2004, there was no fight choice. Therefore, with a voter turnout of 60.82 %, the following persons member of the three-member council:
- Oskar Pfister (CVP ), Mayor
- Hans Steinmann (CVP ), mayor
- Emma Erni Theiler (FDP), social
In the last elections in 2003, the CVP received 43.95 % of votes; followed by the FDP to 35.96 % and 17.25% with the SVP. All other parties were given an insignificant percentage of voters.
Ebersecken has always been a farming village (2001, there were 45 farms ). Overall, there are ( as of 2000) 211 workers. Of these, 104 commuters, which are offset by 23 commuters. In 2001, 70.1 % of the working population worked in agriculture, 9.2% in industry and commerce and 20.7 % in service occupations.
Tourism plays a significant role.
The community is connected through the bus Dagmersellen - Nebikon - Schötz - Ebersecken to public transport. In Nebikon also lies at a distance of 5 km from the nearest railway station Ebersecken the route Olten- Lucerne. 1874 a 2 km long railway tunnel was built as part of the planned Langenthal - Wauwil train between Ebersecken and Altbüron. For economic reasons, the line was never completed, so that Ebersecken has achieved the curiosity of a lie at any railway town with a ( partially filled with water) railway tunnels. The nearest motorway junction Dagmersellen on the A2 is 8 km away.
In Ebersecken once stood a castle of the Barons to Balm, whose chapel of St. Ulrich is mentioned around the year 1000 for the first time. Later around it was a settlement. 1274 Eberseche is first mentioned as a Baron Rudolf von Balm and Jakob von Fischbach, a citizen of Zofingen, by Bishop Rudolf of Constance permission to build a women's monastery. The Cistercian monastery was founded on July 23, 1275 the nuns who came from the mother house Rathausen passed. The monastery was given the symbolic name pura vallis ( louder / virgin valley). The monastery church built in 1277 was already burning from 1279 and was rebuilt. In 1461 then burned down almost the whole monastery. It was rebuilt, but already in 1594 left the remaining nuns of the monastery. 1608 allowed the then Bishop of Constance the demolition, which took place in 1707 but only. The place Ebersecken shared the fate of his county / Bailiwick Willisau. The rule passed over by the Habsburgs at Lucerne in the early 15th century. It belonged until 1798 to the Bailiwick Willisau. Then, during the Helvetic Republic, it belonged to the district Altishofen and since 1803 the newly formed District Willisau.
In the school year 2003/2004, 13 children attend kindergarten and 46 children to primary school. From the 7th grade at the school in Nebikon done.
Biggest interest is built in place of the former monastery church of St. Catherine Chapel, which was consecrated in 1731. The altar, the bells and parts of the walls are from the old monastery church. So the built in late Renaissance style altar dates from the year in 1662. Choir The windows were installed in 1887. In the years 1932 and 1997/ 1998, the chapel was renovated in 1932 also increased. The other attractions are religious in nature ( chapels and wayside crosses ).