Economic Cooperation Administration
The Economic Cooperation Administration (ECA ) was a U.S. office, which was established by the United States Congress in the Foreign Assistance Act to administer the U.S. support funds of the Marshall Plan in 1948. It was subordinate to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Commerce of the United States. The ECA was headed by Paul G. Hoffman, a former manager of Studebaker, as well as other leading people from the industry. Although in every capital of the sixteen participating in the Marshall Plan countries an ECA - office was established, the local officials were able to take the necessary measures better now than the ECA staff.
In 1951 the office by the newly Mutual Security Agency ( MSA) has been replaced. Some in Germany financed by the Marshall Plan funds settlements still bear the name ECA - MSA settlement or settlement.
- Foreign Political Institution (United States)
- European History
- Historical Authority (United States)
- Founded in 1948