The Greek sports club Egaleo A.O. (Greek Αθλητικός Όμιλος Αιγάλεω, internationally often Egaleo FC ) went 1946 out of a merger of four associations, including from the 1931 by Dimitrios and Georgios Aronis Hanioti founded association Athlitiki Enosi Ierapoleaos. Home the club is in the west of the Athens Downtown eponymous suburb Egaleo. The club colors are blue and white. Among the most important sports departments of the association include football and basketball.
In 1961, the club went up for the first time in the first Greek league. The biggest success was the fourth place in the first Greek League in the 1970/71 season, as well as the UEFA Cup participation in the season 2004/05. Play their home games, the club in 2005 retreaded Stavros Mavrothalassitis stadium holds 12,000 spectators that. 2007 rose from Egaleo in the second Greek League and was put through to the next three years until the Viertklassigkeit.
After the basketball department of Egaleo 2001 Founded in 1956, played only in the fourth Greek League, managed the club in just six years under coach Dimitrios Karvelas in the A1 Ethniki ascend. Guarantee for Egaleos services was especially the constancy of the one placed at the Athens club. After three seasons in the first division, the club 2009 2010 rose in the A2 Ethniki and in the B league from.