Eggenfelden is the largest city in terms of population in the Lower Bavarian district Rottal -Inn and one of 13 powerful municipalities belonging in Bavaria.
- 3.1 Amalgamations
- 4.1 City Council
- 4.2 Mayor
- 4.3 Town twinning
- 5.1 theater
- 5.2 Structures
- 5.3 churches
- 5.4 Regular events
- 6.1 Volunteer Fire Department
- 6.2 Rescue Service
- 6.3 railway 6.3.1 network
- 6.3.2 stations
- 7.1 freeman
- 7.2 Sons and daughters of the town
- 7.3 Other
Eggenfelden is located in the gentle valley of the Rott at the intersection of B 20 with the B 388 and the beginning of the B 588 The city has two railway stations on the railway line Passau - Neumarkt-Sankt Veit, as well as an airfield (Airfield Eggenfelden). Eggenfelden is located about 56 km southeast of Landshut, 60 km south of Straubing, 70 km southwest of Passau, 84 km north of Salzburg and 110 km east of Munich.
The municipality Eggenfelden has 119 officially named districts:
- Axöd settlement
- Bruck houses
- Eder vorm Wald
- Tail Grub
- Wood Bruck
- Wood basement
- Wood shafts
- Kasper Bach
- Box mountain
- Luder Began
- Low- village
- Pischel mountain
- Bollard Bach
- Rider on the forest
- Rott am Wald
- Saint Sebastian
- Strasbourg I
- Strasbourg II
- Deep city
- Under Maisbach
- Because mountain settlement
Eggenfelden was first documented in 1120, when the monastery was Baumburg near mountain comfort of Countess Adelheid of Sulzbach -Rosenberg " etinvelt " a Zinsgut called paid.
In 1259 the house of Wittelsbach took over sovereignty over this area, and hence the place. The Wittelsbach caused the expansion Eggenfeldens a fortified economy market with its own limited legal powers and its name was " etinvelt " of changed to " Ecknfeld ".
Since that time, the citizens manage the market in a Council Constitution and an outer and an inner council largely self After 1440 Eggenfelden is then seat of the Pfleggerichts which at the beginning of the 19th century in a district court, and in 1862 in a district office (now the District Office ) was converted.
The neighboring, now is my finished ancient settlement was glad in 1347 raised to the Hofmark. The " Gerner ", a traditional fair is held in April each year.
With the opening of " Rotttalbahn " of Neumarkt-Sankt Veit Eggenfelden and parish churches after Pocking the place on 1 September 1879 was connected to the railway network. The rail link ( Mühldorf - ) Neumarkt-Sankt Veit - Pocking ( - Passau) is now run by the SüdostBayernBahn (infrastructure and people, some freight ) and by DB Schenker Rail ( freight).
In 1902 Eggenfelden became a town.
Previously Eggenfelden was county town of the district Eggenfelden. In 1972 Eggenfelden lost this status by the county reform of parish churches that formed from this county along with the county parishes the new Rottal -Inn.
On January 1, 1972, the communities are happy and I Kirchberg were incorporated to Eggenfelden. Parts of the territory of the former municipalities gladly II and Taufkirchen were added. On May 1, 1978 Parts of the dissolved municipalities Hammerbach and Peter churches were incorporated ( to 29 January 1952 the municipality name Peterskirchen I) as well as parts of Huldsessen in the community Unterdietfurt. In 1983 Huldsessen was spun again after Unterdietfurt.
Composition of the city council for the legislative period 2008-2014
- CSU 9 seats
- SPD 5 seats
- Green 1 seat
- FWG 7 seats
- UWG 2 seats
- Since 1973 is twinned with the southern French city of Carcassonne.
- In October 2000, another partnership with the Hungarian town of Balatonfüred was established.
Culture and sights
Eggenfelden has with his Theater an der Rott the only county own theater in Germany. The multi-section home was recently awarded the Bavarian Theatre Prize.
Adorned is the historic town square of Marienbrunnen. As only one of the formerly four gates of the Grabmeiertor is obtained. In the upper floor there is a restaurant, the city guard. The old buildings of the castle economics happy to be currently being restored.
See also: List of monuments in Eggenfelden
Worth seeing is the coming of the 15th century stately Roman Catholic parish church Eggenfelden, which was built in the Gothic style. This is a five-aisled church season, in which the net vaulting is particularly pronounced.
The Protestant Reformation Memorial Church is the result of a converted tavern from 1901. The municipality extends over the surrounding communities and markets.
The district Gern offers cultural experiences, such as exhibitions or even an outdoor cinema in the castle grounds, the so-called Gerniale.
Volunteer Fire Department
The volunteer fire department Eggenfelden. Having a total of 15 vehicles and over 300 active members, the largest fire department in the district Rottal -Inn It is divided into the city fire department and four community fire departments. The city fire department provides fire and accident assistance in the community area Eggenfelden safe and has numerous special tasks such as Dangerous, local emergency management and respiratory protection training for the Rottal -Inn entrusted. The local fire departments are responsible for the rapid assistance and support of the city fire department, such as Water supply or population warning designed.
- Firemen Eggenfelden city, 8 vehicles and 92 active members;
- Firemen Hofmark Gern, 2 vehicles and 45 active members;
- Firemen Kirchberg, 2 vehicles;
- Firemen Peterskirchen 2 vehicles;
- Firemen Hammerbach 1 vehicle.
The rescue station of BRK ( Bavarian Red Cross ) in Eggenfelden is the busiest rescue station of the district Rott Valley Inn. Here are 7 vehicles of the emergency services, the support team rescue service and the fast- group ( SEG) Sanel stationed:
1 ambulance emergency vehicle (NEF ); 4 ambulances (RTW ); 1 ambulances (KTW ); 1 command vehicle ( ELW - SEG Sanel )
Paramedics of the ambulance station Eggenfelden take on the additional task of the dispatcher rescue service. Staff at the rescue station Eggenfelden also occupy during the week the ambulance parking space in the market Gangkofen, which is a branch of the guard Eggenfelden.
Eggenfelden is centrally located on the railway line Passau - Neumarkt-Sankt Veit ( Rottalbahn ) about parish churches. On the Rottalbahn drive in passenger railcars in the 628 series of SüdostBayernBahn and Saturdays with an RE class 218, which runs from Passau as IC and from Hamburg. In freight transport, the series today only the 294 series were 213 and 217 used
- Extended Eggenfelden ( old train station ), ca.1890
- Eggenfelden Center, founded in December 2007; in return for the previous stop would- Altenburg was abandoned.
Eggenfelden is the intersection of the
- Federal highways B20, B388, B588 and the
- County road PAN32
Urban transport (a city bus ) is made of different taxi companies.
The airfield Eggenfelden is the most south-eastern airfield in Germany.
The appointment of freemen has occurred since 1887.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Albert Hahl ( born September 10, 1868 in Gern, † December 25, 1945 in Gern ), German colonial administrator and Governor of German New Guinea
- Friedrich Müller ( * 1938 ), legal scientist and author
- Fritz Hörauf ( b. 1949 ), painter
- Joseph Michael Neustift ( born 1949 ), sculptor
- Wilhelm Heizmann (* 1953), Literature and linguistics
- Joseph Vogl ( * 1957 in Eggenfelden), literature and media studies
- Gerhard Blöchl (* 1981), World Cup skiers of the German Ski Freestyle National Team
- Barbara Lechner ( * 1982 in Eggenfelden), marksman
- Martin Rehthaler ( born 1985 ), ice hockey player
- Lukas Lechner ( * 1988), football player
- Dieter Janecek (* 1976), politician of the Alliance 90/The Greens
- Daniel Küblböck ( born 1985 ), American Idol participants and singer
- Lisa Fitz ( b. 1951 ), resident in Eggenfelden
- Nepo Fitz ( born 1981 ), born in Eggenfelden
- Carlo Schellemann, (1924-2010), painter and graphic artist, lived and worked in Eggenfelden
- George Haberland (1830-1910), artisans, Reichstag and Landtag