Eggingen is a municipality in the district of Waldshut in Baden- Württemberg ( Germany ).
- 2.1 Amalgamations
- 3.1 municipal
- 3.2 Mayor
- 4.1 Structures
- 5.1 traffic
- 5.2 Media
- 6.1 Sons and daughters of the town
The villages lie between the southern Black Forest and Unterklettgau directly on the border to the Swiss canton of Schaffhausen to 430 m to 680 m above sea level. Untereggingen is located on the Wutach, a tributary of the Rhine, Obereggingen in a tributary of the Wutach.
The community Eggingen consists of the former municipalities Obereggingen and Untereggingen. For the former municipality Obereggingen the village belongs Obereggingen. For the former municipality Untereggingen include the village Untereggingen, the settlement Schönbrunnen and the houses Graf meadows, and Greutwiesen In Heidelbach.
- Ofteringen (municipality Wutoeschingen )
- Lower and Obermettingen (municipality Uhlingen - Birkesdorf )
- Mauchen and Eberfingen (both city Stühlingen )
- And the hamlet Wunderklingen the Swiss community Hallau ( Canton of Schaffhausen )
Eggingen was first mentioned in 884 in a document of the monastery of St. Gall. Settled However, the region is much longer. In Roman times, here a Roman estate and settled since the 5th century Alemanni was in Egginger area. see also ruin Untereggingen
Today's church was established on December 1, 1971 by the Association of Municipalities Obereggingen and Untereggingen.
Coat of arms of the former municipalities
Eggingen has teamed up with the neighboring community Wutoeschingen to an Agreed administrative matters.
In the council two factions have been active since the local elections of 7 June 2009. The CDU and the Free Voters Association shall each appoint five seats. In addition to the mayor, who is chairman of the board.
Mayor of Eggingen is Karlheinz Gantert.
Culture and sights
- In Obereggingen is the Catholic parish church of St. Gallus.
Eggingen is located on the B 314, which connects the Upper Rhine motorway A98 to the motorway intersection Singen ( Hohentwiel ) ( A 81 ).
Through the district Untereggingen known Wutachtalbahn on which it currently but are only feeder services to railway museum after wheat runs.
In Eggingen the monopoly newspaper Südkurier is represented by its offshoot Alb- Bote. For this, the display leaves " WOM " and " Anzeigerhochhaus Rhine " come.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Anton Hilbert ( born December 24, 1898 in Untereggingen, † February 16, 1986 in Stühlingen ), politician ( CDU), state and federal deputy
- Ferdinand Hasenfratz (* July 7, 1858 in Untereggingen; † May 1, 1943 ), local poet