Ehrenburg, Lower Saxony
Ehrenburg ( Low German: Ehrenborg ) is a municipality in the district of Diepholz in Lower Saxony. It belongs to the Samtgemeinde Schwaförden, which has its headquarters in the town of Schwaförden. In addition to the district Ehrenburg and narrow fjords, Schwering Hausen, Stock village and Wesenstedt belong to the community Ehrenburg.
- 2.1 Coat of Arms and Seal
- 2.2 Court
- 2.3 The Ehrenburg
- 2.4 community
- 2.5 Evangelical Church in narrow fjords
- 2.6 Interpretation of the place name
- 3.1 municipal
- 3.2 Mayor
- 4.1 traffic
Ehrenburg is located south of the nature park Geest approximately midway between Bremen and Osnabrück. The swamp forest in Ehrenburg is near.
Temperate maritime climate influenced by moist northwesterly winds from the North Sea. In the long-term mean air temperature reaches in Ehrenburg 8.5 ° -9.0 ° C, and there are approximately 700 mm of precipitation. Between May and August, with an average of 20-25 can summer days ( climatological term for days when the maximum temperature exceeds 25 ° C ) can be expected.
Coat of Arms and Seal
An official seal from the 18th century shows two bear paws (symbolized belonging to the County of Hoya ) and the three towers of Ehrenburg.
The coat of arms is from modern times and was not approved until 1985. The scale in the lower part symbolizes the resident until 1859 court. In the upper part of the fortress (castle ) is stylized from a official seal.
As of 1447, the Court Ehrenburg is mentioned. The Counts of Hoya or their officials spoke right here. 1859, the court was dissolved and came to Sulingen. The municipality of Ehrenburg included until then the locations Twist rings, Heiligenloh, new churches, narrow fjords, Scholes, Schwaförden, Sulingen, Varrel and Barenburg.
The place was named after the spill in the forest Ehrenburg. They already existed in the 14th century and was in the territory of the county Altbruchhausen (now Bruchhausen- Vilsen ), went over the middle of the 14th century the county Hoya. During the Hildesheim pin feud Ehrenburg was destroyed. 1546 built the Counts of Hoya's castle as a strong fortress again, because it was against the Niederstift Münster a border castle. With the castle the road Nienburg - Vechta could be controlled. In the Thirty Years ' War the castle was again damaged, but already the Merian engraving from 1654 shows a repaired as Drostei magnificent castle. This is expire in the following years, because in 1740 a new electoral Hanoverian Amthaus castle was a few hundred meters to the west was built on the Domänengut.
To the comparatively large office Sulingen belonged as his most important place. 1828 Official Barenburg to Ehrenburg was connected. The Hanover Office Ehrenburg was taken over in 1852 by the newly formed Office Sulingen. The Office House in Ehrenburg later disappeared, the former castle today only on the basis of the castle hill located.
On March 1, 1974, the formerly independent communities Schwering Hausen, Stock Wesenstedt village and were incorporated into the municipality narrow fjords. On 27 April 1976, this community was officially renamed in honor castle.
Evangelical Church in narrow fjords
- The early Gothic hall church of St. Nicholas of brick with its square chancel dates from the third quarter of the 13th century.
Interpretation of the name
Old names of the place are 1427 Ernborg, 1470 Erenborch, 1512 The Ernnborg, 1520 and 1583 Ehrenburg (k). Thus, the local name goes back to a castle. In view of the medieval chivalric code of honor it is natural for " honor" to see the first part of the name of the Middle Low German "ere ". Another interpretation is linked to the Middle Low German " older " from " ore ", " brass ", so that it could be called brazen castle.
The Council of the Municipality Ehrenburg is composed of eleven members.
Status: local elections on 11 September 2011
The honorary mayor Hans -Jürgen Schumacher was elected on 3 February 2004.
Economy and infrastructure
East of the municipality extends approximately 5 km from the main road 61 that leads from Bassum to Minden. West of the church also runs approximately 8 km from the main road 51 that leads from Twist rings to Bremen and to Osnabrück.