Elsterwerdaer Platz (Berlin U-Bahn)
Metro Station Elsterwerdaer place is a located above ground metro station of the Berlin U -Bahn line U5. Located just south of the eponymous square in the district of Marzahn - Biesdorf Heller village, about 1120 meters north-east of the Metro station Biesdorf -south and 1350 meters south- west of the station Wuhletal.
History and Structure
The subway station was launched in 1985 as part of the extension to the east of that line E, which previously ended at the Tierpark Underground Station, built and opened together with the station Biesdorf -South on July 1, 1988. For the construction of the subway, it took in this section of the former railway line of vnk - route to Kaulsdorf. For one year the station was the preliminary final stop of today's subway line U5. A year later, on July 1, 1989, the extension to Honow was completed.
The station is one of the few Berlin subway stations in an embankment. It has a 120 meter long and 12 meter wide central platform, which can be reached via a very long and winding ramp and thus is accessible. The station building information boards located on the eponymous place Elsterwerda.