EnBau is a collaboration between Swiss universities for training in sustainable construction with the goal of resource efficiency of buildings in the areas to increase energy, water and materials as well as process. At the same time, it is to promote sustainability-oriented objective of this initiative, the skills in planning, construction and operation of real estate and strengthen and perceive the " building as a system ." « EnBau " is the abbreviation for Energy and Sustainability in construction and is supported by the Swiss Confederation and the cantons.
The initiative was launched in 2007 by the University of Lucerne ( HSLU ), the Berne University of Applied Sciences, the University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland ( FHNW), the Zurich University of Applied Sciences ( ZHAW ) and the University of Applied Sciences HTW Chur ( HTW Chur). Also involved is the Conference of Cantonal Energy Directors of Switzerland and the Swiss Federal Office of Energy, Bern. The initiative is controlled by a Cooperation Council, led by Prof. Peter Schürch. The office EnBau for sustainable building is located at the University of Lucerne; Is Dr. Christoph Wagener.
The aim of the cooperation is a broad-based education campaign at the university level in sustainable construction, efficient use of energy, renewable energy and the reduction of CO2 emissions on the basis of the strategy of the 2000 Watt Society, the Swiss commitment to the Kyoto Protocol as well as the vision of the Green Building.
The training program consists of several modules; the academic degrees are for each module a CAS degree ( certificate of advanced studies ), and over all a " Master of Advanced Studies (MAS ) in sustainable construction ." The individual modules are:
- Foundations for sustainable construction
- Renewable Energy
- Solar Architecture
- Energy-optimized design and construction
- Building physics, structural Sustainable Building
- Sustainable building management ( Gebäudebwirtschaftung )
- Integral Building
- Economics and processes (construction ) / ( FM)
- Weiterbauen on stock
- Minergie / Minergie P building concepts
- Energy Consulting
- Energy performance certificate of the cantons ( GEAK )
- Energy efficiency in the building
- Sustainable Neighbourhoods and settlement development
- Multidisciplinary planning ( feasibility study )
- Master thesis (for MAS)