Ende, East Nusa Tenggara
End is a port city on the south coast of the island of Flores in Indonesia and capital of the district of the end (East Nusa Tenggara ).
End is located at the foot of the mountains Iya, Ipi, Meja and Wongge, on the south coast of Flores, in the Savu Sea. The bays of the end, Ipi and Mbuu are popular beaches.
End has 60,000 inhabitants. The inhabitants of the region belong to the majority of people of Lio - end.
The first Europeans in the region were the Portuguese, who established several bases on Flores. 1601 besieged locals the Portuguese in the end. Nominally, the Portuguese had indeed sovereignty, the real government violence but had held local rajas. End was the seat of a kingdom that existed in the late 18th century.
1851 sold the Portuguese governor José Joaquim Lopes de Lima, without authorization from Lisbon, Maumere and other areas of the Little Sunda Islands, which were under Portuguese suzerainty, for 200,000 florins to the Netherlands. Lisbon did not recognize the sale and let Lopes arrest. He died on the return trip to Europe. In 1854, the agreements were renegotiated. The Treaty of Lisbon, the sale was finally confirmed. The ratification took place in 1859. According to the contract, the population was able to keep their Catholic faith.
In the wars of Watu Api and Mari Longa (1916-1917) Nipa Do led rebellions against the Dutch colonialists. In 1934 was the national leader Sukarno, the first President of Indonesia should be later sent by the Dutch colonial government after the end of exile.
The Bung Karno Museum is the former residence of Sukarno, where he lived during his exile in the end. Most of the old furniture is still there.
The Christ the King Cathedral is the seat of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese end.