Ences is a municipality in the district of Bitburg -Prüm, in Rhineland -Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Bitburg -Land.
Ences is located about 10 km southwest of the county town of Bitburg at the eponymous site for the river Enz The border with Luxembourg extends about 10 km west of Enzen. The German-Luxembourg Nature Park extends to the northwest. Almost parallel to Enz crosses the main road 4 the Eifelort that connects him with, among other things Irrel and situated 10 km north federal highway 50.
Of the 1.71 km ² pretty small community area, 55% is used for agriculture, 30% is a relatively small proportion of forest existed (as of 2012). Neighboring municipalities are Halsdorf and Stockem in the north, Peffingen the southeast, Schank hamlet in the south and Nusbaum in the West. The nearest major town is Mette village 4km north-west of Enzen.
To Enzen includes the residential places Stock Hof and Wiesenhof.
The first documentary mention of the place as " Henence " originates from 1150 when it was owned by the Counts of Vianden in Luxembourg. As of 1816, the village belonged to the mayor's Stockem, a year after they had fallen to Prussia. 1848 were counted in seven houses in the small village of 62 inhabitants. The mayor Stockem joined in 1856 with additional magisterial districts for mayor Baustert based in Oberweis together. Since 1871 a slow but steady decline in population is recorded from 76 to now only 81 inhabitants ( 31 December 2012).
The development of the population of Enzen, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Enzen consists of six council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms is based on the county of Vianden, belonged to the Enzen until the end of the 18th century. The red tone with the silver beams give it notice. The local and chapel saint John the Baptist is symbolized by the silver processional cross.
In addition to a small chapel ( branch church of St. John ) is also the natural monument " juniper area " in Stockemerberg a landmark represents the historic bridge over the Enz is along the ford.
See also: List of cultural monuments in Enzen