Village fountain in the center of Eriswil
Eriswil is a municipality in the Oberaargau the canton of Bern in Switzerland.
The municipality covers primarily the uppermost part of Langetetals. Its eastern municipal boundary is also the border with the Canton of Lucerne Canton. To the east of the municipality are the municipalities Luthern and Ufhusen, in the north Huttwil, to the west and to the south the Wyssachen Hombachtal the community Sumiswald.
On September 1, 1915, the railway line Huttwil- Eriswil was opened. On 31 May 1975, the passenger has been set on this route and canceled on 27 May 1978 subsequently canceled. Instead of the railway line now runs a bus line of Huttwil after Eriswil (course book line 30,491 ).
Coat of arms
The coat of arms is equal to that of the Barons of Green Mountain, whose arms were kept in silver. Eriswil belonged to them in the 14th century as part of the reign Rohrbach BE.
Stained glass in the church
Mountain restaurant Fritzenfluh
Old railway bridge over the Langete
The Langete in the village center