Ernest Casimir, Count of Nassau-Weilburg
He was the youngest son of Louis II (Nassau -Weilburg ) and his wife Anna Maria of Hesse- Kassel ( 1567-1626 ).
Ludwig II had been able to unite all nassau walramischen counties. After his death in 1627 he came to the division of an estate among the four surviving brothers: the oldest Wilhelm Ludwig ( 1590-1640 ) was Nassau- Saarbrücken, Nassau- Idstein Johann Ernst Casimir of Nassau- Weilburg and Otto the rule Kirchheim. As the last two were too young the lands were initially managed by Wilhelm Ludwig. The proportion of Ernst Casimir was Weilburg, Merenberg, Gleiberg, hut mountain, Reichelsheim ( Wetterau ), after the death of his brother Otto, 1632 still Kirchheim, Stauf, Bolanden and parts came from Homburg to do so.
Later Ernst Casimir was not often in his lands. In 1634 he fled before the Thirty Years War to Metz and returned only after the Peace of Westphalia. But it took were still enforced some time until all claims.
In the time also the Gotha agreement dated July 15, 1651 in the administration of the estate of 1621 were again confirmed and adjusted falls.
Ernst Casimir married in 1634 Anna Maria von Sayn -Wittgenstein- Hachenburg (* 1610, † 1656). She was the daughter of Count Wilhelm II of Sayn -Wittgenstein- Hachenburg ( 1569-1623 ). The couple had the following children:
- Wilhelm Ludwig ( born December 25, 1634 † July 23, 1636 )
- Marie Eleonore (* August 12, 1636, † 1678), Count Kasimir von Eberstein ∞ († 1660)
- A son, stillborn ( April 22, 1637 )
- Kasimir ( born August 21, 1638 † April 20, 1639 )
- Friedrich ( born April 16, 1640 † September 8, 1675 ), ∞ Christiane Elisabeth of Sayn -Wittgenstein -Homburg (* 1646, † 1678), daughter of Count Ernst von Sayn- Wittgenstein -Homburg (* 1599, † 1649)
- Anna ( born October 5, 1641 †? ) Died early