Euro Transplant is a foundation established by Jon van Rood 1967 with its headquarters in Leiden ( Netherlands). She is the switching center for organ donation in the Benelux countries, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia and Hungary. At the international cooperation of these countries are all transplant centers, tissue typing laboratories and hospitals where organ donations are performed involved.
The primary objective of Euro Transplant is the optimal availability of donor organs or tissues. Other objectives include the promotion of research to improve transplant outcomes, and the increase of available organs or tissues by advertising.
Between 1967 and 2007 € transplant has been able to help 122,000 people through the mediation of a donor organ. In these 40 years, more than 14,000 heart, lungs, 4000, 79,000 kidneys, 21,000 livers and pancreases were transplanted in 4200 Euro Transplant area.
- Scandiatransplant in Iceland, Norway, Finland, Denmark and Sweden
- Balttransplant in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- United Network for Organ Sharing ( UNOS ) in the United States
- United Kingdom Transplant Support Services Authority ( UKTSSA )
- Australia and New Zealand Cardiothoracic Organ Transplant Registry ( ANZCOTR ) in Australia and New Zealand