Eva -Maria Brem (* September 13, 1988 in Schwaz ) is an Austrian alpine skier from Münster in Tirol. She is successful mainly in the disciplines of giant slalom and slalom.
Eva -Maria Brem driving since she was four years for the ski club WSV Reith in the Alpbach valley. She attended the Skigymnasium in Stams and belongs since 2004 to the squad of the Austrian Ski Federation ( Austrians ).
At the Junior World Championship 2006 in Mont Sainte -Anne, she won the bronze medal in the giant slalom. The following year she was able to repeat this result at the Junior World Championships 2007 in Altenmarkt and Flachau and for winning the giant slalom and Super-G bronze medals. Another bronze medal she won at the Junior World Championship 2008 in Formigal in the combined score.
Brem is four times Austrian Champion. In 2006 she won the slalom and giant slalom, 2007, she won the title in the combination, in 2013 those in the giant slalom. In the season 2006/ 07 they won two giant slalom in the European Cup.
My first race in the World Cup was on 29 December 2005 the slalom in Lienz. Then they came only in January 2007 in the super combination of Altenmarkt used again and got there as 29 their first World Cup points. On 24 November 2007, she reached in the giant slalom in Panorama surprising fifth place. After two years without a top-10 result she succeeded on 28 November 2009 at the giant slalom in Aspen again a fifth place. At the Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver in 2010, she took seventh place in the giant slalom. After the season, they got into the national team of the Austrian Ski Federation on, one year later, again in the A- squad from.
On April 2, 2010 Brem suffered during free skiing a tibia and fibula fracture in his left leg. As of November 2010, it launched back in some World and European race, contested in the 2010/11 season but only a considerably reduced racing program. In the World Cup season 2011/12 they won with Michaela Kirchgasser, Marcel Mathis and Philip Schörghofer the team competition at the season finale in Schladming.
Brem did not qualify for the World Cup 2013 in Schladming, due to insufficient results. For the same reason they did not get a starting place for the 2014 Winter Olympics. However, immediately after the Games, she managed a striking increase in performance: As a third of the giant slalom of Åre she won on March 6, 2014, the first World Cup podium. Ten days later, she threw herself in the giant slalom World Cup finals in Lenzerheide to second place.
Olympic Winter Games
- Vancouver 2010: 7 Giant Slalom
- Season 2013/14: 8 giant slalom World Cup
- 5 placings in the top five, including two podiums
- Season 2006/ 07: 4th overall, 4th giant slalom rating
- 10 podium finishes, including 4 victories:
Junior World Championships
- Bardonecchia 2005: 10 Downhill, Giant Slalom 11
- Quebec 2006: 3 Giant Slalom, Super-G, 6, 9 exit
- Altenmarkt-Zauchensee/Flachau 2007: 3 Giant Slalom, Super-G, 3rd, 20th departure
- Formigal 2008: 3 combination, 5 Giant Slalom, Downhill 16, 18, Super -G, Slalom 25
- Gold in the giant slalom and silver in Super -G at the European Youth Olympic Festival in Les Crosets 2005
- 4- times Austrian Champion (Giant Slalom 2006 Slalom 2006 combination 2007 and giant slalom, 2013)
- 3- time Austrian national champion youth ( Slalom, Super -G and combined 2005)
- 1 podium in Nor- Am Cup
- 7 wins in FIS races (all in giant slalom )