F. David Peat
Peat studied physics at the University of Liverpool with a Bachelor 's degree in 1960, her Master's degree in 1962 and his doctorate in 1964. As a scientist, he was concerned at first mainly with theoretical solid state physics and molecular physics. From 1965 he was an Assistant Professor at Queen 's University in Kingston, Ontario, and from 1967 to 1975 researcher for the National Research Council of Canada. During this time he was 1971/72 also at Birkbeck College, University of London with David Bohm and Roger Penrose. Since 1975 he lives as a writer. He lives in Pari in Tuscany, 25 km south-east of Siena. He founded the Pari Center for New Learning.
He wrote books about chaos theory, quantum theory and the ideas of David Bohm to with whom he also collaborated scientifically and whose biography he wrote about the theory of synchronicity of Carl Gustav Jung and culture of North American Indians and other topics.
1990 to 1992 he was Chairman of the Department of Theoretical Physics at the Canadian Institute of Physics.
- Editor with Paul Buckley glimpsing Reality: ideas of physics and the link to biology, University of Toronto Press 1996
- With John Briggs Seven life lessons of chaos. Timeless wisdom from the science of change, Harper Collins 1999
- The blackwinged night. Creativity in nature and mind, Perseus Publ 2000
- In search of Nikola Tesla, Ashgrove Press 2003
- Blackfoot physics: a journey into the Native American universe, Phanes Press 1996
- Lighting the seventh fire: the spiritual ways, healing, and science of the Native American, Carol Publ 1994
- The philosophers stone: chaos, synchronicity and the hidden order of the world, Bantam Books 1991
- Einstein `s moon: Bell 's theorem and the curious quest for quantum reality, Contemporary Books 1990
- Superstrings and the search for the theory of everything, Contemporary Books 1988
- Artificial intelligence -how machines think, Baen Enterprises / Simon and Schuster 1985
- With John Briggs Turbulent mirror - an illustrated guide to chaos theory and the science of wholeness, Harper and Row 1989
- Cold fusion. The making of a scientific discovery, Contemporary Books 1989
- With John Briggs The looking glass universe. The emerging science of wholeness, Cornerstone Library 1984
- Synchronicity. The bridge in between matter and mind, Bantam Books 1987
- The nuclear book, Ottawa: Deneau and Greenberg 1979 ( safety of nuclear energy )
- From certainty to uncertainty: the story of science and ideas in the twentieth century, Washington DC: Joseph Henry Press 2002
- With Paul Buckley A question of physics. Conversations in physics and biology, University of Toronto Press, 1979 ( interviews with physicists and biologists )
- The armchair guide to murder and detection, Deneau Publ 1984