Falkirk is a town in Scotland with approximately 32,000 inhabitants.
Falkirk is located in the central belt between Edinburgh and Glasgow, and has an area of 3.034 km ².
In the first battle of Falkirk, the Scots were subject under the leadership of William Wallace against the English on July 22, 1298 during the Scottish resistance movement against Edward I. In a second Battle of Falkirk during the Jacobite Rising of 1745 defeated on January 17, 1746 Highlanders Army British Prince Charles Edward Stuart under government troops under Lieutenant General Henry Hawley.
- Falkirk Wheel: modern boat lift, unique in this technology in the world
The Falkirk FC, a football club in the Scottish Football League First Division play -date, plays its home matches at the Falkirk Stadium.
- Créteil, France
- San Rafael ( California ), USA
Sons and daughters
- Sir Charles John Napier (1786-1860), Admiral
- James Finlayson (1887-1953), actor
- Tommy Douglas (1904-1986), Canadian politician
- Christopher Robson ( born 1953 ), countertenor
- David Weir ( b. 1970 ), football player
- Ian McLeod ( born 1980 ), South African cyclist