The FC Memmingen is a football club based in Memmingen. The 964 -member club (as of December 2010) has been playing the 2012/13 season in the fourth division Regionalliga Bayern.
The club was founded on 30 May 1907 as the Department of Memminger gymnastics club. The FC Memmingen founded in 1924 after the split of the footballers of the gymnasts.
By 1945, the FC Memmingen was seven times champion of each league that have changed almost every year, abolished or created from scratch. In the postwar period, however, the FCM disappeared for several decades from the upmarket amateur football.
It was only in 1970 after the re- promotion to the top division at that time Bavarian amateur league called. Although the club could only dream of with the third rank 1979/80 of the rise, yet the FC Memmingen least stayed 17 years in the league, before 1987 the bitter round had to deny back in the national league, from the FCM, but after only two could ascend years.
In this section, the club's single-digit table seats were to reach back more frequently. The most successful case was the game in 1996/97, when the club narrowly missed the rise in the Regionalliga. Here was the FC Memmingen, who had led in the game against the Offenbacher Kickers in stoppage time in the Rhein- Neckar- Arena in Mannheim 3-2 gates and thus promoted would have been in the Football Regional, only by a floodlight failure and the consequent Match abandoned stopped. The replay at Stuttgart's Gottlieb -Daimler-Stadion lost the FC Memmingen with 0:2 and thus the Kickers Offenbach had risen to the Regionalliga. However, the good performances of the season could not be confirmed; a year later escaped the club as a 15 barely escape relegation, but which nonetheless came in 2002 then. Since the direct re-emergence in 2003 of the FC Memmingen belonged continuously to the Bavarian League. He was after the Second World War at the age of 37 the Bavarian League and is the leader in the eternal table Selbiger.
In 2007, the FC Memmingen its 100th anniversary celebrated with several events. For the jubilee season also being used by the FC Memmingen stadium was rebuilt at the Bodensee road from the city into a modern football arena. It was opened Memminger Arena and with it the Bavarian League season 2007/ 08 with the Allgäu derby against FC Kempten on 28 July 2007, which was attended by 6,650 spectators and was broadcast live in the second half of the Bavarian television.
In the 2009/10 season, the FCM secured sovereign and prematurely Bayern League Championship. The sporty promotion to the Regionalliga Süd is the biggest success in club history. The first encounter with the other local rival SSV Ulm 1846 in a league game ever ended on 3 September 2010 in the sold out with 5,100 spectators Arena 1-1 draw. On the final day the Memminger occurred at SV Darmstadt 98 in front of 17,000 spectators - spectator record in the Memminger club's history. The reform in German football, FC Memmingen plays in the 2012/13 season in the new Regionalliga Bayern and thus goes into its third season in the fourth highest league. On September 14, 2013 came after 12 years in office, the Bosnian coach Esad Kahric from his post as head coach back.
The second team of FC Memmingen, called the Junior Team, is the substructure. She managed in the 2007/ 08 season the first rise in the national league South and played in the 2008/ 09 season only one league below the Bayern league team. After one season the team was relegated again and played in the Bezirksoberliga Swabia, which was dissolved in the summer of 2012. The FCM II managed to qualify for the new division south / southwest.
The football club is a leader in youth work in the Allgäu. Memmingen 's youth academy of the DFB and BFV, where talents are also encouraged to club training and spotted for selected teams. In the upper age classes (A -, B- and C- juniors) FC Memmingen plays in the highest Bavarian leagues. The same is true for the B- juniors that form the foundation for two women's teams. In addition to the first team of the FCM has 17 teams in the play mode.
- Reaching the ascent Games Football Regional 1997
- Table First of eternal Bayern league table
- Bavarian Indoor Champion 2009
- Bayern league championship and promotion to the Regionalliga Süd 2010
- Martin Dausch, later VfR Aalen
- Timo Gebhart, later in 1860 Munich, VfB Stuttgart, 1.FC Nürnberg (former youth international )
- Harald Gfreiter, later SSV Jahn Regensburg
- Christian Gmünd, inter alia later 1.FC Heidenheim, Waldhof Mannheim
- Andreas Hindelang, previously VfB Stuttgart II
- Frank Kramer, later SpVgg Greuther Fürth, coaches TSG Hoffenheim II, now Coach SpVgg Greuther Fürth
- Reinhold Mathy, later, Bayern Munich, Bayer 05 Uerdingen
- Reiner Maurer, later TSV 1860 München
- Markus Mendler, now 1 FC Nuremberg
- Michael Mutzel, later Eintracht Frankfurt, VfB Stuttgart, Karlsruhe SC
- Bajram Sadrijaj, later Borussia Dortmund
- Kevin Volland, later TSV 1860 Munich, TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
- Frank Wiblishauser, inter alia later FC Bayern Munich 1 FC Nuremberg (former youth international )
- Sarah Romert, played from 2009 to 2011 for the club