Federation University Australia
Template: Infobox college / Logo missing template: Infobox university / staff missing template: Infobox university / professors missing
The University of Ballarat is a university in Ballarat, the Australian state of Victoria.
Founded as the University of Ballarat in 1870 as " School of Mines Ballarat (SMB ) " for gold miners. In 1994, she received the official name of the University of Ballarat. In 1998 she was renamed with the school for mine construction and industrial Ballarat with a location in Ararat, and the Wimmera Institute, a training institution, based in Stawell. Seat of the University is the Mt Helen campus in Mount Helen, the historical district of Ballarat and Horsham, Stawell and Ararat.
At the University of Ballarat study approximately 22,000 students, with approximately 17,000 students in tertiary programs - " Technical and Further Education ( TAFE ) " - are enrolled. Vice-Chancellor David Battersby.
- Visual and performing arts
- Behavioral science, social sciences and humanities
- Enterprise Sciences
- Exercise and Sports Sciences
- Computer science and mathematics
- Care, health and social sciences
- Natural sciences, applied sciences, engineering sciences and technology