The municipality and Feldberg Lakes is located in the southeast of the district Mecklenburg Lake District Mecklenburg -Vorpommern. On 13 June 1999, the town of Feldberg and the communities Conow, Dolgen, Lichtenberg and Lüttenhagen were resolved as local authorities and transferred together in the new community Feldberg Lakes.
The community is nearly 200 km ² the largest area in Mecklenburg- Vorpommern. It is located in southeastern Mecklenburg -Western Pomerania, on the border to Brandenburg. The name refers to the community of the former town of Feldberg and the numerous lakes in this area, which lies between the Mecklenburg Lake District and the Uckermark lakes. The largest area of the lakes in the municipality are the Carwitzer lake, the width of Luzin, the Zansen, the Narrow Luzin, the Feldberg Haussee, the Dreetzsee, Dolgener the lake and the Krüselinsee. The border to Brandenburg runs along the Bible lake, on the south shore of the lake Carwitzer, the eastern bank of Dreetzsees and the Krüselinsees, the Küstriner stream, the Little and the Great Mechowsees Mechowsees. The area is part of the terminal moraine of the Pomeranian stage of the Weichselian. With the bird cherry (north of latitude Luzin ), a height of 166.2 m above sea level. NHN achieved. The municipality is located in the Natural Park Feldberg Lakes. The district forest lake is located in the easternmost part of the Müritz National Park.
When mowing in August 2009, more than five meters deep holes were discovered in fields at Dolgen. According to geological surveys turned out that these geological exploration drilling from the 1970s were carried out in preparation for the drilling Feldberg 1/87. The bore Feldberg 1/87 was used to search for oil and / or gas and had a depth of 4920 m.
- Hassel promotion
- Wide village
- Witten Hagen
The former, located on the present-day municipality village Krüselin lies desolate since 1945.
History to 1999 - see the districts:
Krumbeck was an old possession of the monastery Himmelpfortgrund a long Brandenburg exclave in Mecklenburg -Strelitz. Since 1797 the estate was owned by the family von Dewitz. 1811 came to Mecklenburg- Strelitz and the knighthood was incorporated in 1825.
The municipal council consists of 17 members. They are distributed since the local elections of 7 June 2009 as follows to the parties or lists:
Coat of arms
2013 authorized the Secretary of the Interior of Mecklenburg -Vorpommern the community Feldberg Lakes to carry the coat of arms described below, who led the former town of Feldberg previously to 1999.
The 1999 merged municipality Feldberg Lakes contains the name part " seascape " because of the many lakes in the municipality. This wealth of lakes symbolize in the lower part of the arms, on the sign foot, three silver waves on a blue background. The representation of a castle reminiscent of the castle of Veldberghe family that was built to protect the Mecklenburg border against the Uckermark. This castle was to the 18th century official residence. The town owes its name to the Feldberg Veldberghe family.
Culture and sights
- Carwitz: Hans Fallada House, residence of Hans Fallada 1933-1945
- Carwitz: Village church in 1706 as a loose half-timbered tower; Pulpit altar from 1714
- Cantnitz Village church from the second half of the 13th century as a Gothic brick
- Feldberg: Castle Wall Feldberg, Wall remains of a Slavic hill fort dating from the 9th century
- Feldberg: Former County House / Droste house; Two-storey timber-framed building 1781 on the ruins of a castle dating from the 13th/14th. Can be built century, viewed from the a tower stump
- Feldberg: Syringe house / home office from the 19th century to a design by Frederick William Dunkelberg
- Feldberg: City Church of 1872/75 as a neo-Gothic brick basilica
- Krumbeck: Lennépark (belonging to the mansion ), 1832 applied to plans by Peter Joseph ( 1789-1866 )
- Renewed village church from the 14th century stone building with west tower of 1785, upper part by a lightning strike in 1928 massively Krumbeck
- Lichtenberg: Village church from the 14th century plastered fieldstone building
- Lichtenberg: Former manor house in Renaissance style in the 19th century
- Lüttenhagen: Forestry and Wood Museum
- Mechow Village church from the second half of the 13th century as a stone building
- Triepkendorf Village church from the 13th century stone building with truss tower from 1769
- Waldsee: historic hunting lodge Waldsee, built in 1901 for the Mecklenburg- Strelitzschen Grand Duke Friedrich Wilhelm ( II )
- Witten Hagen: Village church of 1758 as octagonal central room with a tent roof
- Witten Hagen: mansion as classical conditioning with gambrel roof
- Wrechen: Village Church tower as a loose half-timbered building from the 19th century
Church in Feldberg
Church in Dolgen
Church in Mechow
Mansion in Witten Hagen
The community Feldberg Lakes is located just off the national highways and railways. North of the village passes the federal highway 198. About the B 198 from the closest cities Neustrelitz (30 km away) and Neubrandenburg (35 km). The Brandenburg Prenzlau county town is located 30 km east ( km all figures relate to the main town of Feldberg). In these cities are each mainline connections.
Until May 28, 2000, there were also a railway connection across the railway line Thurow - Feldberg between the community and Neustrelitz. Once again in November trains were driven to the 90 - year anniversary of the track, the track was finally shut down on 22 December 2000.
- Feldberg (Mecklenburg)
- Feldberg Lakes Klaus Borrmann (* 1936), Forstmann, local historian and author, conducted from 1972 to 2001, the Forestry Office Lüttenhagen
- Charly Hübner ( born December 4, 1972) actually Carsten Johannes Marcus Hübner, German theater, film and television actor.
- Irma Grese (1923-1945), a guard in the concentration camps Ravensbrück, Auschwitz -Birkenau and Bergen- Belsen