Ferdinand Boberg was one of the best known and most prolific architects of Sweden at the turn of the century 1900. Boberg was the leading exponent of modernism and contributed significantly to the spread of Art Nouveau in Sweden. From 1897 to 1915 he was the lead architect for major exhibitions ( Stockholm Exhibition in 1897 and 1909, the Baltic Exhibition in Malmö in 1914, and others) Also, Boberg was responsible for the Swedish Pavilion at the World Exhibition in Paris in 1900 ( Exposition Universelle et Internationale) 1904 St. Louis (Louisiana Purchase Exposition ), San Francisco 1915 (The 1915 Panama - Pacific Exposition ) and Others
After the First World War, he got fewer orders, his style was outdated and in Sweden now was the classicism of the 1920s modern. During this time, Boberg busied himself to travel through Sweden and document older, mainly rural buildings.
Ferdinand Boberg was not only an architect but also worked as a designer, especially for furniture, ceramics ( inter alia for the Manufactory Rörstrand ) and glass ( for Kosta and Reijmyre ).
- Fire station, Gävle ( 1890)
- Church of Skagerhult (1896 )
- Rose bath, Stockholm (1902 )
- Main Post Office, Stockholm (1904 )
- Prince Eugen's Waldemarsudde, Djurgården / Stockholm (1904 )
- Thielska galleriet, Djurgården / Stockholm (1905 )
- Post, Malmö (1906 )
- Revelation Church, Saltsjöbaden (1913 )
- Department store Nordiska Kompaniet, Stockholm (1915 )