- ÖVP: 16
- SPÖ: 2
- FPÖ: 1
Ferschnitz is a market town with 1683 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013 ) in the district of Amstetten in Lower Austria.
- 2.1 Population development
- 3.1 Coat of Arms
- 4.1 parish church of St. Sixtus II
- 4.2 Castle Senftenegg
- 4.3 Castle Freidegg
Ferschnitz located in the Most district in Lower Austria. 17.78 percent of the area of the municipality is forested.
On the eastern edge of the district of Amstetten, bordering on the districts Scheibbs and Melk, lies the municipality of Ferschnitz and belongs to the expiring hills of the Alpine foothills to. The location is convenient, but forms the Ferschnitzbach, starting with the confluence of the Grubbach and Gafringbach in Senftenegg, quite varied, laced with hills, woods and meadows landscape. He takes in its course to the north nor the oxen and precious creek and some other minor Flume on to unite with the Ybbs at Günzing.
The highest point in the municipality is in Ferschnitz Zinsenwang with 351m, while the place itself has Ferschnitz only 282.32 meters above sea level and almost exactly lies on 15 degrees.
Ferschnitz includes the only village Ferschnitz, cadastral and are Ferschnitz Innerochsenbach.
In ancient times, the area was part of the province of Noricum. In the core Austrian state of Lower Austria lying the place informed the eventful history of Austria.
The Ferschnitzbach is first mentioned in 1034 and formed the eastern boundary of the Freising area against the regensburger possessions. The place Ferschnitz took the name of the stream and was probably built in the 12th century. The first mention of the place fall in the year 1345th A little later, the noble family of the owner of the nearby castle Zelkinger Freidegg. Large flower reached Freidegg and the place Ferschnitz 1575-1600 under the famous scholar and statesman Reichard Streun ( Strein ), which at the court of Emperor Maximilian II and Rudolf II, in a leading position worked. Freidegg was his favorite seat.
Through the intercession of Reichard Streun was also the place Ferschnitz 1589 market rights.
Superbly located and artfully (similar Schallaburg ) equipped Freidegg castle fell into disuse after the death of the famous lord ( 1600 ) rapidly. From 1678 to 1937 were the Starhemberg owner of Freidegg. Today of them are nothing more than a gate tower and part of the former farm building.
According to the results of the census:
- 2001: 1601 inhabitants
- 1991: 1406 inhabitants
- 1981: 1234 inhabitants
- 1971: 1 207 inhabitants
Mayor of the municipality is Johann Berger, chief officer Anton Seifert. In the council there after the municipal elections of 2010 a total of 19 seats following distribution of seats: 16 ÖVP, SPÖ 2, 1 FPÖ, no other seats.
Coat of arms
Blazon: Azure, a busy flooded with a blue wave bar golden napkin, surrounded by a twelve equal parts gestückten of red and silver shield edge
Culture and sights
Parish Church of St. Sixtus II
Late Gothic choir, expansion in the late Renaissance 1575 high altarpiece by Kremser Schmidt 1770.
The history of the parish is comprehensible only in the 14th century. Around the same time, and the two stately palaces Freidegg and Senftenegg be detectable. The Lord of Zelking made the first donation in 1352 to the parish church. An old inscription named the year 1425 as a construction of the church. It was, however surely only a structural expansion.
In essence, the viewer clearly represent three art historical sections before: the late Gothic Chorbau, the extension of the Renaissance and the Baroque last equipment.
The late Gothic choir with arched ceiling and sacristy portal is available at the beginning of a development series of special forms, which demonstrate the influence of Steyrerhütte in the space of Amstetten.
The Protestant expansion in the Renaissance relates only to the nave of the Church ( grave monuments of the family Streun - Former Castle Freidegg ). For it is on the Arc de Triomphe, the year 1575th During this period includes the gable -winning West Portal and the former cemetery portal with the coat of arms terracotta.
Also known are the times of grave Streun family from the 16th century.
The baroque interior is the Protestant church in which demonstrably after 1630 again the Catholic worship was celebrated, a new look and with the 1770 by Peter Wisgrill from St. Pölten made redesign of the chancel artistic effect. The high altarpiece, the Beheading of St. Sixtus II is dated 1770 and was designed by Martin Johann Schmidt.
The first mention of Senftenegg happens in 1367 with a Hans Häusler, then in the possession of the order Zelking and Puchheim follow. This is followed by a rapid and numerous changes of ownership.
From 1795 to 1934 the plant was then owned by the Starhemberg. Karl Friedrich Freiherr von Frank, the father of the current owner Karl Frank, was a noted genealogist and heraldry, he also painted around 1900 the wonderful coat of arms of the former owner of the castle in the arcade on the top floor of the castle. He brought, inter alia, the famous " Senft Egger leaves for Genealogy " out.
The main entrance of the castle was secured by a once very deep moat, across which a movable bridge. The main entrance was flanked by two lateral round towers, which can be seen even today. Nothing more is unfortunately seen by the former keep, which dated from the time of Hans Häusler. He was worn down to roof level and integrated into the lock. It was located next to the chapel in the castle inside, on the southeastern corner of the quadrangle group.
In the courtyard is accessed by a tower, which stands out by its high pyramid roof. In the courtyard there are a portico with overlying arcades, which were decorated by Karl Friedrich Freiherr von Frank with the coat of arms of the former owner of the castle. Famous Senftenegg was through his extensive library. The castle is surrounded by an English garden in the still preserved beside an old tree population, the greenhouse and the Orangerie.
From the once famous Prunkbau of Richard of Streun today is only a small portion available. The former porch with the adjacent four-story tower has been preserved. The porch has an arched portal with two red marble panels, vaulted rooms on the ground floor and a driveway with a barrel vault. Documented phenomenon occurs in " Freydegg " the first time in 1339 under Henry of Zelking.
1575 was Richard of Streun rebuild the entire system great for a main lock with six-story tower, ramparts and three-storey Bastion storms.
1615 was " Freydegg " in possession of the Zinzendorf family, the 1629 Otto Heinrich Fugger of Kirchberg, 1678-1934 owned by the Starhemberg family and then it went into private hands.
Famous was the castle " Freydegg " among others for its facilities with Egyptian and Indian antiquities.
Economy and infrastructure
Non-agricultural workplaces, there were 45 in 2001, agricultural and forestry holdings according to the 1999 survey 77 The number of persons employed at the residence was according to the 2001 census 747 The employment rate in 2001 was 48.03 percent. Unemployed were at the site in 2003, on average 42
- Götzl Otto (1886-1960), businessman and politician
- Reichard Streun Schwarzenau (1538-1600), nobleman, politician and historian