Finningen is a municipality in the Swabian district of Dillingen on the Danube and a member of the administrative community Blenheim on the Danube.
- 3.1 Coat of Arms
- 4.1 monuments
- 5.1 Economy, agriculture and forestry
- 5.2 Education
Finningen in the Region of Augsburg.
There are the following districts: Mörslingen, Upper Finningen, Unterfinningen.
Finningen on the Roman " Donausüdstraße ", the AD 50 was built by the Danube origin to Kelheim as military border monitoring road around the year and then n in the second half of the first century AD attained great significance because it then the main link formed between the major garrison towns of Augsburg and Mainz. The historian Robert Knorr said, Finningen was because of its geographical location and because of the similar word sound the AD Claudius Ptolemy in the second century AD Roman Phainiana mentioned. Mostly, however, believed by archaeologists, so the nearby Roman fort under Kirchberg 've told. Others think Faimingen have been called by the Romans so, however, contradicts the prevailing opinion: Faimingen have been called by the Romans Phoebiana. Finningen belonged to the Empire pin Kloster Sankt Ulrich and Afra in Augsburg. The village was part of the Electorate of Bavaria and formed a closed Hofmark, which was repealed in 1803 with the stylus. In the course of administrative reform in the Kingdom of Bavaria created with the congregation of 1818 the municipalities of Upper Finningen and Unterfinningen.
On January 1, 1974, the formerly independent communities that have coalesced upper Finningen and Unterfinningen the new community Finningen. On May 1, 1978, added Mörslingen.
The council has twelve members. In the local elections 2008 accounted for Mörslinger list and seven on the Christian constituency association five mandates. Mayor since 2008 Klaus Friegel ( Christian constituency association / Mörslinger list)
The municipal tax revenue amounted to the equivalent of € 668,000 in 1999, which amounted to the trade tax revenues ( net) converted € 104,000.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms description reads: Under a black sign head, it actually has three six-pointed gold stars, gold in a blue unicorn.
Culture and sights
Economy and infrastructure
Economy, agriculture and forestry
It was in 1998 according to official statistics in the manufacturing sector and 109 in the area of trade and transport 16 persons work at the workplace. In other areas, were employed to social security at the work of 29 people. Social insurance contributions at residence, there were a total of 601 in the manufacturing sector and in construction there were three farms. In addition, in 1999, there were 58 farms with an agricultural area of 1385 ha, of which 1123 ha of arable land and 261 ha of permanent grassland.
There are the following facilities (as of 1999):
- Kindergarten: 50 kindergarten places with 48 children
Sons and daughters of the town
- Dominic Ringeisen (December 6, 1835 in Unterfinningen; † May 4, 1904 in Ursberg ) was a Roman Catholic priest and founder of the Ursberger Institute (now Dominic - Ringeisen -Werk ).