Fjord1 [ spoken Fjordein ] is one of the largest regional transport companies in Norway.
The result Fjord1 is a grouping of transport companies in Møre og Romsdal and Sogn og Fjordane. Currently, the following sub- companies belong to Fjord1:
- Fjord1 Fylkesbaatane
- Fjord1 MRF ( Møre og Romsdal fylkesbåtar )
- Fjord1 Buss Møre
- Fjord1 Sogn collection agency
- Fjord1 Hallingdal collection agency
- Fjord1 Nordfjord - Ottadalen
- Fjord1 Gods Møre
- Aukra car
The company employed about 2000 employees in 2003. In 2006 they had 61 ferries, 16 Quick and people boats, 397 buses and 147 trucks.
In 2006, the company 25.914 million passengers transported (without passengers on ferries). On the ferries 6.991 million vehicles were transported.
The company now operates in several provinces ferry, bus and freight connections and participates in national tenders from ferry lines.
As the first Norwegian company operates Fjord1 some of his lines of gas-powered ferries. In Rogaland, Hordaland and in Finnmark, the Group has won in recent years calls for proposals. Since early 2007 Fjord1 operates the ferry routes Mortavika - Arsvågen and Haljem - Sandvikvåg together with five of these ferries. In Møre og Romsdal three gas-powered ships between Molde Vestnes have been used since 2010.
- MF Bergensfjord ( Halhjem - Sandvikvåg )
- MF Fanafjord ( Halhjem - Sandvikvåg )
- MF Raunefjord ( Halhjem - Sandvikvåg )
- MF Stavangerfjord ( Arsvågen - Mortavika )
- MF Mastrafjord ( Arsvågen - Mortavika )
- MF Molde Fjord ( Molde Vestnes ) (2010 )
- MF Romsdalsfjorden ( Molde Vestnes ) (2010 )
- MF Fannefjord ( Molde Vestnes ) (2010 )
In addition Fjord1 operates since 2000, the first gas-powered ferry in the world, " MF Glutra " as a kind of pilot project.