Flirsch is a municipality with 932 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013 ) in the district of Landeck, in Tyrol ( Austria ). The municipality is located in the judicial district of Landeck.
- 5.1 traffic
The place is located in the valley between Landeck and punch the Arlberg mountain and consists of several hamlets and villages on both sides of Rosanna.
Kappl, Sankt Anton am Arlberg, Schnann am Arlberg ( belongs to the municipality Pettneu ), austerities, Zams and Emperor in the district of Reutte.
Early Age finds evidence of a settlement long before the first mention in the middle of the 14th century, when spoken predominantly Romansh in this area. The district " Persir " (today's center ) is first mentioned in 1275. Numerous voice remains still bear witness to the Romansh ancestors (see floor and house names like Basur, Troschana, Parseier etc.). The name Flirsch initiated earlier linguistic research as well as from the Romanche. 1358 first mentioned in Starkenberger land register as " Flürs " he should floris - mean spring flower. According to this interpretation of the municipality on 23 July 1974, the coat of arms, 6 yellow crocus on a blue background verliegen. Another interpretation derives the community name from the Indo-European " flüro " ( overflowed nascent terrain ).
In 1385 was first reported by a priest in Flirsch. When, however, the first church was built, has not yet been clarified. Archaeological findings are currently pending. Today, St.. Bartholomew consecrated religious building was largely rebuilt in 1740-1751, with key elements of the Gothic previous building (tower) were integrated. The last extension was 1811-1812 under the builders Johann Josef Senn and Augustin Wolf.
In 1813, came to the village Flirsch the official order, to form an independent municipality. Before Flirsch was a part of the neighboring communities.
Coat of arms
Blazon: In six blue background golden crocuses form a toppled top.
Culture and sights
- Parish Church of St. Bartholomew with cemetery and war memorial
- Mortuary Chapel, west of the parish church
- Chapel St.. Anthony, east on mountainside
- Lourdes Chapel, north above the village
- Chapel at the Gasthof Arlberg
- Widum, from the 18th century
- Gondebachbrücke, wooden bridge from the 19th century
Economy and infrastructure
Economically, the community -oriented today mainly on the (winter ) tourism. The only 12 km from the tourist center of St. Anton am Arlberg acts invigorating.
About regional importance the town in the late 19th century. 1886 founded A. Draxl a sheep's wool factory, which had to be added very soon. As early as 1898, the factory is mentioned large industry in Austria in the anniversary edition. The community Flirsch was the Draxl'sche company to one of the wealthiest communities in the district of Landeck. After several sales, the facility was finally shut down in 1964. The industrialist's villa built in 1903-1905 in the style of historicism was acquired by the municipality in 1968 and now serves as the town hall.
The construction of the Arlberg railway in the years 1880 - 1884 Flirsch was connected to the international railway traffic. By train (as well as by the Draxl'sche factory) changed the once predominantly farming situation and its population. The place has indeed been set yet, however, a railway station, the transport in the valley was now. Public transport is operated with regional buses.
1978 Arlberg expressway was opened, since you can reach the place easily accessible by car. A noise - relief brought Flirsch the tunnel, because now the traffic on the site is managed by.