Friedrich Hagen is a district in the Berlin district of Treptow- Köpenick, located on the northern shore of Köpenick.
Center of Friedrich Hagen is the Bölschestraße which represents two centuries of history. The well-known on the borders of the city street was through remedial measures its character - on the one hand and on the other hand lifeline boulevard - get.
At the confluence of the Bölschestraße for Müggelseedamm - very close to the Spree tunnel - there was the premises of the Berlin rgerbr. Until it closed in 2010, she was the last private and oldest brewery in Berlin. Parts of the construction industry of the private brewery has been declared a national monument.
Toward Rahn village is located on both sides of the dam Müggelsee the waterworks Friedrich Hagen. The Old Waterworks Friedrich Hagen is the terminus of tram line 60 from S-Bahnhof Adlershof.
Tram 88 is a cross-country road train, which runs from the tram station Friedrich Hagen Schoeneiche to Old Ruedersdorf.
Friedrich Hagen was founded as a village colonists Friedrich grace on May 29, 1753 by Frederick II, and ten years later renamed Frederick Hagen. Cotton spinners were mainly located in areas of Bohemia and Silesia, who lived in simple Lehmfachwerkhäusern. They operated both cotton mill in homework as well as sericulture and earned in the winter months their livelihood by Besenbinderei. In order to have food for the silkworms, the Friedrichshagener planted several hundred mulberry trees.
In 1849, the station Friedrich Hagen was opened on the route of the Lower Silesian - Märkischen railway from Berlin to Frankfurt / Oder. With this convenient connections Friedrich Hagen developed in the 19th century to a suburb and popular destination for "holidaymakers ", which particularly enjoyed the scenic beauty of Köpenick. Friedrich Hagen received in 1880 the title of " climatic health resort " and it created two swimming areas, a spa and beer gardens, cafes and hotels.
Hermann Gladbeck moved in 1887, his well-known picture foundry after Friedrich Hagen and up to 1926 still images and monuments were cast according to designs by famous sculptor in bronze in Frederick Hagen.
In 1888, a large water plant was built in the style of a neo-Gothic monastery for the water supply of East Berlin and opened on October 28, 1893 in Frederick Hagen. After numerous amplification and modernization the waterworks Friedrich Hagen is still in service. In a pumping engine house on the banks of Köpenick is since 1987, the Waterworks Museum of the Berlin Water Works. The entire premises is a listed building.
In 1890 the poet Friedrichshagener group was established. Writers, artists and scientists have chosen the place " Behind the World City " ( book title by Wilhelm Bölsche ), since on the one hand, the tranquility, the nature of their creative phases, but on the other hand appreciated the proximity to the publishers (see also: New Friedrichshagener poet circle).
On September 25th 1904 a statue of Frederick II was unveiled on the renamed in Friedrichplatz marketplace. Meanwhile, costs exceeded the annual budget for Social Affairs of the then small town considerably. The monument survived both world wars without damage, but was pushed to the end of the Second World War from the base. In 1946 it was melted down after a non-ferrous metal collection.
The incorporation of the then 14,850 inhabitants town in the district of Köpenick to Greater Berlin was 1920.
To increase the recovery of the excursion traffic on both sides of the Müggelspree, the overloaded ferry was replaced by the Spreetunnel Friedrich Hagen in 1927. It consists of two, on a man made island in the middle of the River Spree in concrete cast tunnel tubes, which were then sunk and assembled under water; at the time a pioneering technical architecture. Through the Spree tunnel, you can switch on the south side of Köpenick and arrive dry at the tourist restaurants.
In November 1972, the tower of the church of St. Christopher was so badly damaged that it had to be removed during the hurricane Quimburga. Due to a lack of financial and material resources of the church tower was not built until years later in an abridged and simplified form.
With the 250 - year celebration Friedrich Hagens in 2003 ( market place) in relation to the church of St. Christopher was a new one on the square - created by the Armenian sculptor Spartak Babayan bronze statue of Frederick II set, which is modeled after the 1904 erected monument. A citizens' initiative had collected for donations. The plastic was poured into the fine art foundry Seiler in the near Nice oak. The new statue shows the king who conquered the land drainage lines, creation of new villages and the settlement of colonists a new province in peace, dar. at the age of 41 years, Frederick II wearing his typical uniform with the historic Silk Skirt and relies with the right hand on the slightly flared to the side crutch.
Local situation Hirschengarten
In Friedrich Hagen is located on the border district of Köpenick the local situation Hirschengarten with the same S-Bahn station. Deer Park was founded as a colony of villas in June of 1870 by the banker Albert Shepherd according to a development of Eduard Titz. The place name is to be attributed to the name of the banker Hirsch, who built here one of the first villa. In Deer Park at the time a natural pool was built, which had special appeal because it had a warm spring. When the source dried up, the brine bath has ceased operations. In Hirschengarten the Neuenhagener Mill Stream flows (also called " Erpe " ) into the Spree.
Because of the location in the extreme southeast of Berlin Friedrich Hagen has remained a so-called " artists' village ". Every summer, open their studios and artists provide an insight into their work. In addition, Friedrich Hagen hosts a variety of galleries where works by artists from all over Europe can be seen in changing exhibitions.
Built in 1930, the Nature Theater Friedrich Hagen in the immediate vicinity of the S-Bahn station offers summer theater performances and concerts in the open air, and thus completes the range of historic cinemas Union. In addition to regular concerts and art events that applies taking place in spring and autumn "pub party" as one of the musical highlights. For one night, then offers to the music lovers in many places a selection from classical to jazz to rock and blues. Each autumn the cultural festival " Dichter.dran " will be held in Frederick Hagen. For a whole weekend cultural events are offered in many shops, studios, schools and other venues. On the second weekend of May each year, is organized on the Bölschestraße the " Bölschefest " regularly pulls this spectacle around 200,000 visitors to the district, strolling through the street, follow the cultural program on stage at the market place and at the fireworks over the night Müggelsee enjoy.
The central street of the district is the Bölschestraße that these crosses in a north-south direction. Is concluded that road from Müggelseedamm in the south and the Fürstenwalder dam in the north, which affect the district in east-west direction. Further road links exist in the direction of Dahl Joke Hoppe garden as well as beautiful oak.
Since 1842 Friedrich Hagen is connected by a railway station on the Lower Silesian - Märkischen train to the railway network. Since 1928, this keeps the Berlin S-Bahn. The S-Bahn station is also a hub, the Berlin tram and for 1910 opened Schöneicher tram. Already since 1891 in the wrong place the Friedrichshagener tram, which was acquired in 1906 by the Cöpenicker tram that went up in the Berlin tram again in 1920.