Fukaya (Japanese深谷 市, - shi) is a city in northern Saitama Prefecture. The city is famous in Japan for good winter onions.
Fukaya lies to the east of Honjo and west of Kumagaya.
The river Tone flows through the city from northwest to northeast.
Fukaya was a post station (宿 场 町Shukuba -machi ) of Nakasendō during the Edo period.
The city of Fukaya was founded on 1 January 1955.
- Shibusawa Eiichi - Museum
- Street: National Road 17: by Tōkyō or Niigata
- JR Takasaki Line, Railway Station Fukaya and Okabe, to Ueno or Takasaki
Sons and daughters of the town
- Shibusawa Eiichi (entrepreneur)
Adjacent Cities and Towns
- Saitama Prefecture Kumagaya
- United States Fremont, United States, since 1980
- Japan Minami- Uonuma, Japan, since 1989
- China People's Republic of Shunyi, People's Republic of China, since 1995
- Japan Tanohata, Japan, since 1997