Galenbeck is the easternmost municipality in the district Mecklenburg Lake District Mecklenburg -Vorpommern. It is by the Office Friedland, located in the municipality Friedland, managed.
- 6.1 Kotelow
- 6.2 Lübbers village
- 6.3 Schwichtenberg
The municipality Galen Becks is very diverse. The northeastern part of the Galenbecker sea and on the Friedlander Great Meadow is a former bog and is 6 m above sea level. NN. South of Galenbecker lake, which is fully as well as the surrounding shore area under protection, the Endmoränenbogen the wooded Brohm mountains up to 153 m above sea level rises. NN - a rare in the northern German region height difference to a few kilometers.
The area after the very large congregation was on 1 January 2003 from the communities of formerly independent:
Formed. In addition to these former municipalities belong to Galenbeck following districts:
- Lübbers village
- Pipe pitcher
- Sand Hagen
In 1277 the village was first mentioned in a document as Golenbeke, 1392 " stede to Golenbeke ". The village grew up around the castle is located here the family of instincts.
The village church was built in the late 14th century.
The lowland castle is located in close proximity to the former estate, 200 m southwest of the church on the edge of the marshy shore zone of Galenbecker lake. The castle consisted of a preliminary and a main castle. Skip to main castle belonged to the motte, the keep and the residential tower. The castle was built in three phases. 1236-1250 a square tower hill of 24 meters on each side was built. This was surrounded by a simple trench -wall system. The trench was with the Galenbecker Sea in conjunction and thus was filled with water. On the hill stood a wooden tower, surrounded a palisade. This plant fell victim to the flames. From 1250 to 1390 a stone, square tower house was built, and built a new stockade of oak planks.
In the third construction phase 1390-1453 the round keep and the palace was built. The square tower house was demolished in some cases. In the wall thickness of the residential tower stairs was broken into. Thus, the rest of the tower served as a stair tower for the palace to climb to the round keep, which was reached by a wooden bridge from the living tower, as well as in the lower part as a cellar. A Stralsund civil uprising conquered and destroyed 1453, the fortifications of the castle. Today, only remnants of the Umfassungsgräben and round the keep of brick and field stone have been preserved.
The extensive outer ward is separated by a partly filled moat fed from the village. It consists of a 20 m wide and about four feet high wall that bounded on the south and east side of the castle. Here was probably outbuildings. Foundations of a square tower can be seen. The main castle is a motte -developed 24 x 24 m side length and two meters in height. Here are the foundations of the palace, a habitable keep of the 13th century and up to nine meters high residual of the keep from the first third of the 15th century to Baur Estonians. 1453 was the destruction of the castle. Until the 17th century it was still inhabited, with the construction of the manor house it was abandoned.
In addition to the remains of the ruined castle, the family built the mansion in 1712.
In August 1760 came Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher after a skirmish with Prussian Hussars in captivity. In Galenbecker manor he was imprisoned and wrote there his transfer deed for the Prussian army.
The district consists of a main street and a few houses and the former manor northeast of the Brohm lake.
The first mention was made 1288th The Good Klockow belonged since the 17th century the family of Oertzen. August von Oertzen (1777-1837) was Minister of State of Mecklenburg -Strelitz. 1838 the estate of the family von Bülow was purchased. After the death of his parents, Carl von Bülow had built a new mansion. This was built in the Gothic Revival style in 1853 after plans by the architect Heinrich Thormann Wismar. A key feature is the three-storey central projection to the courtyard facade. Later, the mansion served temporarily as a parsonage.
As Coytlowe the scale as Angersdorf place in 1382 appears in records for the first time - the early Gothic village church existed at that time already. 1672 was the possession of the family of instincts to Henning von Oertzen, the family remained landowners to 1945. Hunting Lodge Kotelow is a baroque mansion built in 1733. It was renovated by 2008 and has since been used as a hotel. In hunting lodge Kotelow there is a registry office. The Festspiele Mecklenburg-Vorpommern were first held in 2009 in the hunting lodge Kotelow a venue.
The manor Lübbers village was built in the 17th century in the Renaissance style on the walls of an old castle for the family of Lübbers village. 1839 enhancements have been made. The farm was located in 1846 owned by William of Oertzen. 1891 took place an even -time conversion. Until 1927, the estate was owned by the family of Oertzen, after the estate was settled. In 1927 the manor was used as a nursing home. From 1953, a significant conversion of the building took place after a fire. Today the manor is used as a Red Cross nursing home.
In the early 20th century emerged from a coaching inn on the road from Friedland to Strasburg (Uckermark).
The original village was subject to in the 13th century near the Putzarer lake, in the 18th century further south than Willershagen, now finally on the road from Friedland to Ferdinandshof. It only remembers the place name Olle Dörpstell to the former local situation.
The original manor between Putzarer, Galenbecker and Lübkowsee came in the time of the Crusades to the Friedländer St. Mary's Church, and later at the town of Friedland. After a fire that completely destroyed the place, Schwichtenberg was built in the late 18th century again as planmäßiges Angersdorf. From here began in 1937 's first works for the drainage of Friedlander Great Meadow by the Reich Labor Service. Work was Completed in 1962 as part of a so-called central object of the FDJ youth. In 1999, a small stretch of the Mecklenburg- Pomeranian narrow gauge railway was reopened as a heritage railway operating in Schwichtenberg and extended to 2004. In the resort currently live around 360 inhabitants.
For the first time the city was mentioned in 1337, the village church dates from the early 15th century.
- Built in the 13th century in what is now the district Galenbeck in the mountains Brohm was built on the Pomeranian border in the name of the Brandenburg margrave. The castle and Stargarder land belonged from 1304 to Mecklenburg. In the mid-15th century, the castle was destroyed. The castle tower, which is heavily tilted because of the swampy ground, has survived as a ruin for centuries. In addition, you can still find remnants of foundation walls and ramparts.
- Tanzlinde in Galenbeck
- Gatehouse in the district Kotelow from the 18th century
- Kotelower Manor and Park from 1773
- Common grave at the cemetery for perished in April 1945, German and Latvian soldiers
- Grave of a perished Poland, whose cause of death is unknown
- Museum Village Schwichtenberg with boulder garden, museum ( exhibition "From Huus un Acker " ) and narrow-gauge railway
- Castle Wall Wittenborn
Galenbeck with its suburbs is a bit off the main roads and railway lines. The nearest train stations can be found in Strasburg (Uckermark) and Ferdinandshof in the neighboring county Vorpommern - Greifswald. Ten kilometers south of Galen Beck is following the Federal Highway 20 (Exit Strasburg ). From Friedland from the bus number 501 of the Transport Company Mecklenburg- Strelitz (VMS ) to Galenbeck.
Sons and daughters
- Pauline Arndt (1833 - ), German writer
- Wilhelm Thedwig of Oertzen (1921-2011), agricultural journalist, historian, secretary of the Family Association and editor of the " Oertzen Sheets"
- Siedel Ruth (1906-1995), writer, Federal Cross of Merit