Gastonia (North Carolina)
Gastonia is a city in North Carolina and has 71 741 inhabitants ( 2010). It is the administrative seat of Gaston County and about 119 km ². Gastonia is part of the Charlotte metropolitan area.
The Crescent, an Amtrak passenger train operated by, connects Gastonia with New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, DC, Charlotte, Atlanta, Birmingham and New Orleans. The station is located in the Hancock Street No. 350
Gastonia is also a center of quilt making.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Darrell Armstrong, basketball player
- Fred Durst, lead singer of the band Limp Bizkit
- Sleepy Floyd, Basketball Player
- Evan Karagias, Wrestler
- James Worthy, basketball player
- Gotha in Germany
- Santiago de Surco, is a district of Lima, Peru