The cottage is located on the south side of the Wilder Kaiser in 1270 m above sea level. A. Height at the foot of Törlspitzen on a Almboden. From the sun terrace, the view up to Ellmau Gate, Karl peaks and the stop Ellmau. When Gaudeamushütte ramify several walkways and paths, the central location is also the main reason for the popularity of the base in both day-trippers, as well as hikers and climbers. When using a toll road the cottage is easily accessible and serves as an excellent starting point for ascents and transitions in the Wilder Kaiser.
1899 was built by the Academic Alpine Club Berlin section below the Kübelkars the Gaudeamushütte. She remained uncultivated until 1911, was then at least temporarily leased to the section Kitzbühel. 1924 an avalanche destroyed the Gaudeamushütte. A makeshift hut was built and easily managed in the same year transitional. 1927 built the Berlin section about 300 meters further east the current hut. It is remarkable that they survived the Second World War without damage and then rarely changed their tenants. After the takeover by the Section Main-Spessart the hut in 2003 was renewed and extended to an extension. Since the 2004 season, Martin and Anni Leichtfried are the current tenants.
From the Inn Valley motorway (A12 ), exit Kufstein Süd, on the B173 and B178 or from Salzburg via Lofer and St. Johann in Tirol also on the B178 to Ellmau. Branch thence north and eventually up on a toll road to Wochenbrunner Alm, where there is a large parking area at 1080 m altitude.
The shortest and fastest way to start the week Alm and carries easily in just 40 minutes to Gaudeamushütte. Also possible is the rise of Scheffau, Ellmau and Going - Prama out in 2 hours.
- Gruttenhütte (1620 m) above Klamml ( rocky ), walking time: 1 hour
- Stripsenjochhaus (1577 m) above Ellmau gate, stone trough and Egger climbing, walking time: 4 hours
- Fritz- Pflaum Hut (1865 m) above poachers pulpit, climbing and Small Guild Törl, walking time: 3 hours
- Ackerl hut ( 1460 m) above Wilder -Kaiser -Steig Hiking time: 1 ½ hours
- Goinger Halt ( 2242 m ) Walking time: 2 ½ hours
- Karlspitzen ( 2281 m ) Walking time: 3 hours
- Regalmspitze ( 2253 m ) Walking time: 3 hours
- Ackerlspitze ( 2329 m ) Walking time: 4 hours
- Maukspitze ( 2231 m ) Walking time: 3 ½ hours
- Ellmau maintenance ( 2344 m ) Walking time: 4 hours
Literature and Maps
- Horst Höfler Jan Piepenstock: Kaiser Mountains alpine. Alpine Club Alpine guide for hikers and climbers ( = Alpine Club guide). 12th edition. Bergverlag Rother, Munich 2006, ISBN 3-7633-1257-9.
- Pit Schubert: Kaiser Mountains. Alpine Club leaders "extreme" for mountaineers and climbers. 12, completely revised edition. Bergverlag Rother, Munich 2000, ISBN 3-7633-1272-2.
- Sepp Brandl: Wilder Kaiser. Tame Kaiser, Kufstein, St. Johann and Kössen. 56 selected hikes in and around the Kaiser Mountains. 7, updated edition. Bergverlag Rother, Munich 2011, ISBN 978-3-7633-4084-2.