- Tony Banks - keyboards, vocals
- Phil Collins - drums, percussion, vocals
- Peter Gabriel - vocals
- Steve Hackett - guitar
- Mike Rutherford - guitar, bass
Genesis Live is the first live album by British rock band Genesis. It was published in 1973 and contains five tracks from the studio albums Trespass, Nursery Cryme and Foxtrot. Until the publication of Genesis Archive - 1967-1975 in 1998, Genesis Live was the only official live release of the progressive rock phase of Genesis with Peter Gabriel as a singer.
The images were taken during the Foxtrot tour on 25 February 1973 in the De Montfort Hall in Leicester, apart from The Return of the Giant Hogweed, which was recorded in the Free Trade Hall in Manchester (England) on 24 February 1973.
A significant difference to the studio version of The Knife Trespass has to: Peter Gabriel made changes to the text, while the guitar solos by Steve Hackett were completely renewed.
The album was dedicated to long-time friend of the band and tour manager Richard MacPhail.
Album: ( U.S. # 105, UK # 9)
- Peter Gabriel - vocals, flute, percussion
- Tony Banks - organ, keyboards, piano, 12-string guitar, vocals
- Mike Rutherford - bass, guitar, vocals
- Steve Hackett - electric guitar, 12 - string guitar
- Phil Collins - drums, vocals