The gentian -like ( Gentianales ) are an order within the angiosperms ( Magnoliopsida ).
In this order, there are a variety of different life forms. Woody plants: from lianas on shrubs to trees; herbaceous plants and succulents. The leaves are opposite. Stipules may be present or absent.
The flowers are radial symmetry. The petals are fused. There is only one stamen circle present.
The gentian -like be made within the asteroids to the Euasteriden I. They include five families:
- Dog poison family ( Apocynaceae )
- Gentian Family ( Gentianaceae )
- Brechnuss plants ( Loganiaceae )
- Madder Family ( Rubiaceae )
- The order of Gentianales in APWebsite. (English )
- Botanical information on the Gentianales.
- Www.biologie.uni -hamburg.de