Genzkow is a municipality in the eastern part of the district of Mecklenburg Lake District Mecklenburg- Vorpommern. It is by the Office Friedland, located in the municipality Friedland, managed.
The municipality is located about two kilometers east of the glacial valley of Datze and approximately six kilometers south of the town of Friedland. The terrain rises from Datzetal east gradually to the Endmoränenbogen Brohm Mountains at.
1298, the village was first mentioned in a document. The Genzkower stone church was built in the second half of the 13th century. After a number of security measures in the 1990s, the church is now no longer acute danger of collapse. The manor house, which is owned by the municipality today, dates from the second half of the 18th century.
- Former manor house
- Three individual graves of Polish names are known victims of forced labor, were killed between 1942 and 1945. Since 1994, grave plates remember their names of these victims of National Socialism.
In the list of monuments in Genzkow are registered in the list of monuments of the district Mecklenburg- Strelitz monuments.
Manor House, 2011
Stone church, 2011
Economy and infrastructure
Main branch is in Genzkow still agriculture. The local land -GmbH deals mainly with agriculture and sheep farming.
Many bungalows are mainly used for recreation of the citizens from the near Neubrandenburg.
Just west of Genzkow leads the federal highway 197 from Neubrandenburg on Friedland past to Anklam. The nearest train station is in ( Neubrandenburg Pasewalk -Stettin route) a twelve kilometer Sponholz.