Georg Andreas Sorge
Georg Andreas Sorge had in his early adolescence 1714-1716 Music lessons with the Counts - Brockdorf 's court organist Kaspar Tischer in Schney ( Upper Franconia ). This idea was from 1716 to 1721 to study music at, in which he vorwies outstanding musical skills. Sorge's membership in Lorenz Christoph Mizler Correspondierende Societät musica metallic sciences, in which he was admitted as the 15th member after Johann Sebastian Bach in 1747, led to several disputes. The occasion was initially a dispute over an introduced by Georg Philipp Telemann new sound system of the division of the octave into 55 micro-intervals. Since Telemann had only formulated the framework of his system, it was the mathematical questions very dedicated Societät forward to experiencing the exact mathematical calculation by the author. Since Telemann this was not ready and of such calculations obviously neither had knowledge nor was interested concern put these mathematical definitions of Telemann's system after a prolonged confrontation with the Societätsmitglied Christoph Gottlieb Schröter in his writings before .. After all was worried already in 1745 his writing antechamber musica metallic composition with the " Systema Telemanicum " deals. Based on log ( ½) = 0,3010299.9565 was concern, citing the mathematician Johann Christoph wide field to the 55th part of this logarithm with 0.00547327265. Concern had a good relationship with Telemann and use this advantage to strengthen its position against Mizler. Sorge qualified writings on the relationship between mathematics and music was probably taken by some interested members of the Societät with great enthusiasm. So he tried in 1750 to put in place of the Societätssecretärs Mizler, this concern could not prevail, however. Mizler was very upset about Sorge's approach, from which resulted in years of litigation. The firm has been considerably weakened and then disintegrated from about 1761. Concern earned his living by the post of Counts Reuss- Plauischen court organist in Lobenstein, which he kept from 1721 until his death in 1778.
Sorge's antechamber musica metallic composition the author understands primarily as a school of improvisation ( improvise ) for " piano student ". Typical time is the expression contained in this title " Compositor extemporaneus " because the term composition defined itself not necessarily to the time of Beethoven through the written record musical ideas. In addition, this work shows the still ongoing in the 18th century conception of the necessary skills of a Clavierspielers. Such differs from musical quack primarily for his skills in basso - game and in the Improvisation.Sorges present written compositions are less significant than the writings that deal with mathematical frequency calculations. Here, the author realized the importance of logarithms for the mathematical handling of intervals, especially for the geometric division of the octave into 12 equal semitones floating ( equal temperament ).
- " Genealogia allegorica intervallorum octavae diatonochromaticae: That's: Gender - register the intervals of the diatonic chromate. Octav ' yard in 1741 Source Online.
- "Statement to the mood and temperature of both the organ works, as well as other instruments, but especially of the piano. In a conversation between a Musico theoretico and his scholars ", Hamburg 1744 source online.
- " Antechamber of musica metallic or Composition: detailed, neat and before today Praxin hinlängliche instruction to General - bass, through which a Studiosus musices come to a thorough Erkänntnis all occurring in composition and piano con - dissonant and principles [ ... ], hence learn extemporaneus not only play a good piano as a compositor, but also in the composition itself important [ ... ] can make Profectus " Lobenstein 1745 source online.
- " Conversation between a Musico theoretico and a Studioso Musices of the Praetorian, Print hiss work Most Rischen ... temperature, as well as to the new Systemate ... Telemann Beförd. pure harmony " () source online.
- " Detailed and clear instructions for Rational bill, and so verknüpfften Measurements and division of the monochord: By means of which one, the musical temperature, [ ... ] So exactly as it is able to grasp the ear, not just [ ... ] calculate but also [ ... ] measure [ ... ] kan; Besides a detailed message of the new Telemannisches intervals system [ ... ] " Praise Stone, 1749 source online.
- " Thorough investigation whether the musica metallic in the third part of the third volume of the library Mizlerischen pp. 457 and 580 located Schroeterischen Clavier temperatures can happen for equal temperament or not," Praise Stone, 1754.
- " Reliable instruction Claviere and organs to temperiren behörig and to vote, together with a copper, which darstellet the Measurements and Ausrechnung the temperature, as well as the Telemannische system [ ... ]; issued at the request of Mr. B. Barthold Fritz's [ ... ] mechanical way to vote, and designed to defend against the same angrif ", Leipzig and Lobenstein 1758 source online.
- "Guide to the imagination, or to the beautiful art, the piano, how to play other instruments out of my head; according to theoretical and practischen principles, such as the nature of the sound make disciples " [ ... ] Lobenstein online source 1767.
- " Probably the most experienced in the computing and art of measuring organ builder [ ... ] " Lobenstein 1773 source online.
- Sonata in F Major