Gera Lario is a municipality with 1011 inhabitants ( 31 December 2012) in the Province of Como in the Lombardy region in Italy.
Gera Lario is located on the western tip of Lake Como at the mouth of the river Gera at the foot of Monte Mezzo.
Gera Lario is an old fishing village that was founded in Roman times. The place was important at that time because he was on the Roman road Via Regina, connecting Como by Val Chiavenna and Raetia. Besides fishing still agriculture and sericulture was operated in Gera Lario. The name of the village probably derives from the ancient Greek word for priest leréus. The place was a base for the Spanish troops during the clashes with the gray Bündnern from Valtellina. In 1482 Gera Lario received the ecclesiastical autonomy. A flood on August 8, 1951 killed 17 people and damaged the church, built in 1634, Sanctuary of Nostra Signora di Fatima difficult.