Gerhard Gruber (musician)
Gerhard Gruber studied 1971-1974 at the Music Academy of Graz, jazz. From 1974 to 1987 he was a piano teacher and a member of various jazz groups. Since 1983 he is a composer for theater music - such as for the Theater in der Josefstadt, Vienna folk theater, theater group 80, and the Theatre of Youth ( Vienna).
Since 1988 Gerhard Gruber silent film accompanist is at the piano and has been accompanied about 450 different silent films. He has composed the music for the films The City without Jews, The Prater in the film and Café Elektric.
He held in Austria mainly appeared in Vienna in the Austrian Film Archive, Austrian Film Museum and the Breitenseer light games. Since 2006, numerous performances abroad (including Los Angeles, Washington, Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Tokyo, Hobart, Auckland ).
Gerhard Gruber access to the silent film accompaniment is improvisation, which he sees as a direct and always new dialogue with the action on the screen. He loves to seek new seduced again and again by the movies and to share this seduction to the audience. It's never the film alone, it is always the Trinity movie - music - audience, and therefore every evening is also a personal experience.
"He makes every movie possible and at the same time unnecessarily him. Whoever sees his hands on the illuminated buttons, you can risk it, even forgetting Chaplin to aufzuhelfen his memory of him. Whoever hears Gerhard Gruber's piano playing is once again ready to his breathing to be trusted. "
" Silent film music in the sense of Gruber's is ... always a partnership proposal, in a partnership that is guaranteed never gets boring One. " Open relationship "along with the intimate relationship of trust. "
- 2006 Nestroy Theatre Prize with the project theater Vorarlberg: " How much, Schatzi? "
- 2008 stagecraft the province of Upper Austria
Selection of films accompanied
- The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
- Nanook of the North
- Café Elektric
- Faust - a German folk tale
- Pandora's Box
- The Joyless Street
- The Battleship Potemkin
- Nosferatu, a Symphony of Horror
- The White Hell of Pitz Palu
- The Slave Queen
- Auckland University of Technology 2013
- State Cinema Hobart 2013 - 100th Anniversary
- Lenin (ship, 1959) - recorded music in 2013
- Los Angeles Jewish Film Festival 2012
- Pune - Mumbai / India Travel 2012 silent film
- Washington - Los Angeles / USA Silent film Travel 2011
- Delhi- Pune - Goa / India Travel 2011 silent film
- Silence! Silent Film Festival Rotorua, New Zealand 2008
- Motovun Film Festival 2007
- Jewish Film Festival Vienna 2007/2010
- Austria Japan Silent film Duo Project, Tokyo
- State Cinema Hobart / Australia 2007/2008 / 2010
- International Student Film Festival Pisek 2008/2011
- Film Festival Uherske Hradiste / CZ 2009/2011
- Silent film in " Amici della Musica di Padova " 2008
- Cinéconcerts Bordeaux 2006
- Breitenseer light games Vienna
- Metro Cinema / Film Archiv Austria
- Austrian Film Museum
- Munich Film Museum
- Prater Film Festival 2005/2006