Biography and Works
Stapelfeldt studied in Hamburg Architecture ( Dipl. Ing ), sociology, philosophy, political science and psychology. Promotion 1978 "The problem of the beginning in the Critique of Political Economy by Karl Marx ." Habilitation in 1997, he taught about the " critique of economic rationality ", Volumes I and II From 1979 to 2009 at the Institute of Sociology of the University of Hamburg.
The focus of his research and teaching is the critique of political economy, following Karl Marx and the critical theory of society after Max Horkheimer, Theodor W. Adorno and Herbert Marcuse. His writings are also influenced by the philosophy of Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel and psychoanalysis Sigmund Freud.
His extensive body of work includes writings on philosophy and sociology, but above all treatises on the genesis and development of the political economy of capitalism in its stages: mercantilism, liberalism, imperialism, state interventionism, neo-liberalism. The presentation combines theory- historical and socio- historical elucidation of the political-economic structures.
His four-volume magnum opus to ' critique of economic rationality ' is a representation of the genesis and the logical, empirical and institutional structure of the state interventionist and neo-liberal capitalism. It includes a general, at the ' Dialectic of Enlightenment ' oriented philosophy of history part, and analysis of political economy of the Federal Republic of Germany, the European Union and the world economy.
The social interest stack Feldt is the enlightening education with the intention of world-changing practice. This interest, mainly owing to the experience of displacement of the Nazi crimes in West Germany on the one hand, the experience of "economic genocide " (AG Frank, S. Amin) in Latin America on the other hand (see Kindler et al 2011.).
Following this interest criticized Stapelfeldt Critical Theory Horkheimer, Adorno and Marcuse, whose aporias because they had died even as a critique of Marxism of the Second International. Through this criticism Stapelfeldt preserves the content of the experience ' dialectic of enlightenment ', the elucidation of the ' barbarism ', by returning critical theory to its origin as a critique of political economy. Marx's criticism is not philologically reconstructed by this movement of thought, but developed into a critique of the irrational -rational capitalist political economy in the two forms of state intervention - rationalist and neo-liberal, irrational capitalism (see: Stapelfeldt 2012, 613ff. ).
- Department of Sociology, University of Hamburg: Research Report 2002-2005. Hamburg 2005
- Kindler, A. / Oellers, B. / Plass, H.: Preface. in: this. ( Eds.): Theory and Practice. Berlin 2011, 7-12
- Stapelfeldt, G.: List without reason. Some explanations on the form and content of the critique of economic rationality. In: Neoliberal irrationalism. Hamburg 2012, 613-626
- University of Hamburg: Course Catalogue 1979-2009
Writings on philosophy:
- Spirit and money, Lit, Münster 2003
- The departure of the conformist spirit. Theses on the critique of the neoliberal university, Kovac, Hamburg 2007, ISBN 978-3-8300-2898-7. Second, revised, updated and expanded edition. Verlag Dr. Kovac, Hamburg 2011, ISBN 978-3-8300-6119-9
- The spirit of contradiction. Studies on Dialectics. The first volume, published ça ira, Freiburg 2012, ISBN 978-3-86259-113-8
- The spirit of contradiction. Studies on Dialectics. Second volume, Fribourg, 2013, ISBN 978-3-86259-114-5
- Mythos and logos. Ancient Philosophy from Homer to Socrates, Verlag Dr. Kovac, Hamburg 2007, ISBN 978-3-8300-3250-2
Writings on History and Critique of Political Economy:
- Mercantilism. The genesis of world society from the 16th to the 18th century, Ça Ira: Freiburg 2001
- Liberalism. The social theories of Smith, Ricardo, Marx, Ça Ira, Freiburg 2006
- The problem of the beginning in the Critique of Political Economy, Campus, Frankfurt / New York 1979
- The problem of the beginning in the Critique of Political Economy by Karl Marx., 2 heated to between work term and dialectics. Edition ( ed. by Bastian Bredtmann and Hanno Plass ), Verlag Dr. Kovac, Hamburg 2009, ISBN 978-3-8300-3963-1
- Imperialism - Crisis and War of 1870 /73 to 1918/29, Volume One: Political economy, Verlag Dr. Kovac, Hamburg 2008, ISBN 978-3-8300-3654-8
- Imperialism - Crisis and War of 1870 /73 to 1918/29, Second volume: Anthropology and rationality, Verlag Dr. Kovac, Hamburg 2008, ISBN 978-3-8300-3655-5
Writings on the critique of economic rationality:
- Dialectic of economic rationalization. Critique of economic rationality. First volume. Third, revised, updated and expanded edition. Verlag Dr. Kovac, Hamburg 2014, ISBN 978-3-8300-7735-0. The book was published in 1998 and 2004 under the title ' history of economic rationalization ' by LIT Verlag, Münster and Hamburg
- Economy and society of the Federal Republic of Germany. Critique of economic rationality. Second band, Lit, Münster 1998
- European Union: integration and disintegration. Critique of economic rationality. Third band, Lit, Münster 1998
- Capitalist world economy. From state interventionism to neo-liberalism. Critique of economic rationality. Fourth band 's first book. Verlag Dr. Kovac, Hamburg 2009, ISBN 978-3-8300-4444-4.
- Capitalist world economy. From state interventionism to neo-liberalism. Critique of economic rationality. Fourth band 's second book. Verlag Dr. Kovac, Hamburg 2009, ISBN 978-3-8300-4774-2.
- Neoliberalism - authoritarianism - Structural violence. Essays and lectures on the critique of economic rationality. Verlag Dr. Kovac, Hamburg 2010, ISBN 978-3-8300-5479-5.
- Neoliberal irrationalism. Essays and lectures on the critique of economic rationality (II). Verlag Dr. Kovac, Hamburg 2012, ISBN 978-3-8300-6845-7.
Writings on the sociology and social theory:
- For German ideology. Sociological theory and social development in the Federal Republic of Germany, Lit, Münster 2005
- Social theory and empirical research. On the Logic of the Enlightenment of the unconscious, Ça Ira, Freiburg 2004
- Peru - In the name of freedom into misery, Fischer, Frankfurt am Main 1984
- Impoverishment and urbanization in the Third World. The case of Lima / Peru, Breitenbach, Saarbrucken 1990