DA -CH or DACH is a word for Germany, Austria and Switzerland - and thus for most of the language area in the standard German language is the roof. It is formed from the vehicle distinguishing signs of the three countries:
- D ( for Germany )
- A (for Austria, lat Austria ) and
- CH ( for Switzerland, Latin Confoederatio Helvetica ).
Application finds the word, for example, as the title at events such as conferences ( "DA -CH- meeting " ) or community projects of these three states and maps for navigation devices, which covers the area of these states.
- Language, Institute for German Language
- The German Nutrition Society eV ( DGE), Austrian Nutrition Society ( ANS ), the Swiss Society for Nutrition Research ( SGE ) and the Swiss Nutrition Association (SVE ): diet, eg DACH reference values in 2000 for the first time agreed on common reference values for nutrient intake. Following the usual characteristics of the participating countries ( Germany = D; Austria = A; Switzerland = CH), the new reference values are called DACH reference values .
- Traction power # power supply 15 kV 16.7 Hz
- ROOF is an Interreg III A initiative of the European Union, Switzerland and Liechtenstein. The aim of the project is to establish a common spatial planning in the Alpine Rhine - Lake Constance - Upper Rhine region and to strengthen cross- border cooperation. The Plus in the name symbolizes the Principality of Liechtenstein, in addition to the DA-CH countries.
- As an advanced variants of the acronym ROOF DACHL are used for the regions Germany, Austria, Switzerland and South Tyrol for Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Liechtenstein / Luxembourg and BADGER.