History and Geography
The old Giulianova (now called Giulianova Paese ) was on a hill. It was founded in 264 BC under the name of Castrum Novum. The place was newly founded in the 15th century by the Duke of Atri, to give refuge to the refugees of, nearby and in 1468 after a battle completely destroyed, Castel S. Flaviano.
The modern part of the town ( Giulianova Lido) has developed along the Adriatic coast, between the mouths of the rivers Salinello and Tordino extended. The wide beach with its many beach resorts and the tourist harbor situated between the mouths of the two rivers.
The city is easily accessible via a railway station, the motorway exit (A14 ), and several state highways.
In Giulianova agricultural and industrial enterprises have settled.
In the upper area ( Paese ) of the beautiful Cathedral of S. Flaviano, a rare for the Renaissance brick building from the 15th century, as well as the Sanctuary of the Madonna dello Splendore are obtained. Every year in the first week of August here the postage - salvo - festival is celebrated with a procession of fishermen.
The local football club Giulianova Calcio in the 2010/11 season in Lega Pro Seconda Divisione of, the fourth- highest Italian league, active.
In the surroundings of vines of Montepulciano for the DOC - cultivated wine Montepulciano d'Abruzzo.