GMX Multi Messenger
GMX Multi Messenger, 1and1 Multi Messenger and WEB.DE Multi Messenger is only the appearance is identical instant messaging programs of United Internet, which are published under three different brands. The GMX / WEB.DE Multi Messenger uses the open XMPP protocols for communication between users.
GMX, 1and1 and WEB.DE are trademarks of United Internet AG and launched November 2006 a GMX Multi Messenger, 1and1 Multi Messenger and a WEB.DE Multi Messenger version 1.0. Text chat and file sharing was possible. Was increased with version 2.0 Beta, the functionalities are multi-protocol capability and renamed the products in GMX Multi Messenger and WEB.DE Multi Messenger in April 2007. Since November 2007 the version 2.1, also still beta. On 4 March 2008, Version 3.0 was released, which brings a new e -mail notification and retrieval of messages from the online contact networks StudiVZ, Lokalisten, MySpace, Who - knows -Wen and Facebook. This version is the first beta version without specification provided by the suppliers.
- Existing messenger accounts of Yahoo, ICQ, Windows Live (formerly MSN), AIM can use this program to combine
- Other XMPP messenger can be contacted
- Text Chat with graphic emoticons
- File transfer, and audio and video communication
- Access to GMX and WEB.DE e- mail inbox, GMX also SMS delivery possible (if registration with GMX or WEB.DE e- mail address)
- A WWW search function is also included, where the manufacturer specifies here on Google as a provider
- Skins, presence status, personal parable, and custom avatars can be customized
- Encrypting text messages and file transfer
- Receiving messages from the online contact networks StudiVZ, Lokalisten, MySpace, Who knows Wen and Facebook
- Can be used portably
Your username will be to log on to this Jabber network, the respective e- mail address. Originally you had to set a domain dependent link - server. Today, this corresponds to the posterior part after the @ sign and is thus automatically configured. Original connection server ( still accessible, but with a certificate warning ):
- GMX ( gmx.com, gmx.net, gmx.at, gmx.ch, gmx.de ): xmpp - gmx.gmx.net
- WEB.DE: xmpp - webde.gmx.net
- Other domains ( gmx.biz, gmx.info, gmx.org, gmx.co.uk, gmx.eu, gmx.fr, caramail.com, quantentunnel.de, ...): jabber.gmx.net
The server serves proxy.jabber.org on port 7777 as file transfer proxy.