Goethe Link Observatory
The Goethe Link Observatory is an astronomical observatory located near the small town of Brooklyn in the State of Indiana. The observatory is owned by Indiana University and is operated by the Indiana Astronomical Society.
Construction of the observatory began in 1937. The telescope was first put into operation in 1939. The name was in honor of Dr. Goethe Link, a doctor from Indianapolis, Indiana, who built the observatory with his private funds. 1948 Dr. Link gave the observatory as a gift to the University of Indiana.
At the Goethe Link Observatory, a series of asteroids was discovered. These are the Minor Planet Center (MPC ) listed under " Indiana University ", which from 1949 to 1967, the Indiana Asteroid Program conducted here. In honor of the founder of the discovered here asteroids (1728) Goethe Link was named.