Gohrisch is a Saxon church southwest of Königstein near Pirna. It belongs to the administrative community Königstein / Saxon. Sr. Gohrisch is a nationally recognized health resort in the Free State of Saxony ( health resort ).
- 2.1 Gohrisch
- 2.2 Kleinhennersdorf
- 2.3 Cunnersdorf at Königstein
- 2.4 Pope village
- 2.5 Amalgamations
- 2.6 Development of the Population
- 3.1 Structures 3.1.1 Gohrisch
- 3.1.2 Cunnersdorf
- 3.1.3 Pope village
Gohrisch is located in the Elbe Sandstone Mountains on a plateau to the left of the Elbe. The main town Gohrisch is located 3 km south of Bad Schandau. The mesas isolated standing of the Elbe Sandstone Mountains, the Gohrisch, the pope stone and Kleinhennersdorfer stone, the Laasensteine , Spitzstein and Katz stone surround the community with its districts. The distinctive mesas Lily Stone, Pfaffenstein and the Königstein fortress located in the immediate neighborhood.
Expansion of the municipal district
The municipal area is 34.78 km ². Attributable to Cunnersdorf 16.59 km ², on Kleinhennersdorf 4.59 km ², on Gohrisch 4.51 km ² and Pope village 8.73 km ². The municipal area is between Cunnersdorfer Bach and Krippenbach a wide strip extending from the Elbe to the Saxon- Bohemian border. The deepest point is in Rietz 's basic to 135 m above sea level. NN, the highest at 481 m above sea level. NN.
The neighboring municipalities are Königstein ( Saxon Switzerland ), Bad Schandau, Reinhardt -Schöna and Rosenthal Bielatal.
The municipality Gohrisch include four districts: the capital Gohrisch, which situated in a small valley village Cunnersdorf, the 350 m high Pope village at the feet of Pope stone, and which is located on a plateau Kleinhennersdorf.
The village at the foot of the rock of the same name located on a plateau left of the Elbe was first mentioned in 1437 as dorffe Gorusch. Until the mid-19th century it was dominated by agriculture, and took only a relatively modest development. 1548 the village had 11 local farmers, in 1815 comprised Gohrisch 20 houses with 93 inhabitants. Due to the quiet, wooded and climatically balanced position of the landowner Adelbert Hauffe received in 1869 the first summer holiday in his estate. Gohrisch so is the oldest summer resort in the Saxon Switzerland. The positive development of tourism led to a sharp increase in the number of inhabitants and triggered a building boom from. Since 1875, the place was called Höhenluftkurort and 1910 already lived about 700 people here. 1936 the village was awarded the predicate spa. To date, tourism is one of the economic mainstays of Gohrisch. Among the most famous guests included Dmitri Shostakovich, (op. 110 C minor ) composed in 1960 Gohrisch his eighth string quartet. Gohrisch has about 800 inhabitants.
Kleinhennersdorf was first mentioned in 1439 as the Wyndische Heynersdorff, where windisch means as much as small. Livelihood of the inhabitants of the scale of the Frankish settlers Waldhufen village were to the 19th century agriculture, livestock and forestry. Since the 17th century, sandstone was mined in several quarries. In the 19th century the town became one of the summer resorts in the Saxon Switzerland. But this case, the local development was modest. 1501 the village had only 6 local farmers, in 1840 there were about 300 inhabitants, in 1919 about 500 inhabitants. Today there are about 250 inhabitants. Kleinhennersdorf was incorporated in 1974 after Pope village, but got back its independence in 1990. Four years later came the merger of the four villages of the municipality Gohrisch. To place a part of the 1572 scale Lieth mill. Tourist attraction are beyond the sandstone caves at Kleinhennersdorfer stone.
Cunnersdorf at Königstein
In the hamlet of Cunnersdorf ( 1379 to Bohemia duly mentioned, Saxon 1454 ), called to 1627 Kunradsdorf, founded in the 16th century under the Elector August, an electoral Forsthof ( was 1556 or 1606 applicable to 1872 and came into possession of the Barons von Friesen ). The village is surrounded by deep forests 270-320 m above sea level. NN in a hollow of the Cunnersdorfer creek. Even today, some Dreiseitbauernhöfe to see with sandstone base and truss shells, which also include the south to Forsthof with manor house, farm buildings and a gatehouse. The neo-Romanesque church of 1854/55 impresses with its altarpiece.
In the district Viebig right side of the creek Cunnersdorfer is the former Upper Mill. The grinding and board mill is 1561 is documented. The board mill was the last time 1955. Of the local nature of friends Cunnersdorfer nature trail has been created. He leads south over the Katz stone plateau to 474 m above sea level. NN high Katz Rock, where in 1809 the last Wildcat to have been killed. Including sealing the stone is Katz (444 m above sea level. NN ). For this purpose, the district on a forest pool with wide slide, water mushroom and children's playground. Cunnersdorf counted six residents in 1445, in 1609 there were already 33 residents. 1840 lived about 600 inhabitants in the village. This number has remained about the same.
Pope village was first mentioned in 1371 as Bogansdorff. The present name first appeared in 1555 in the form of Babstdorff. Pope village was for many centuries as well as Gohrisch, Cunnersdorf and Kleinhennersdorf a pure farming community. The inhabitants went to agriculture and forestry. 1501 the village had 14 residents, in 1601 there were 22 residents and in 1840 there were about 260 residents here. Middle of the 19th Century began in Pope village a tourist development. On the plateau of the Pope's stone a restaurant was built in 1862, which was later expanded to a wooden observation tower. 1919 the village had over 600 inhabitants. In GDR times, there was the Central pioneer camp " Klement Gottwald " in the place, which was operated by the transport companies VEB Dresden.
Development of the population
Culture and sights
- Monument Park Hotel Albrechtshof Gohrisch: The Grade II listed building group of the 1956/1968 established the "Guesthouse of the GDR Council of Ministers " had many domestic and foreign visitors to the GDR state government recorded. So here was composed by the Russian composer Dmitri Shostakovich in 1960, his eighth string quartet, the only composition that he created abroad. Today, the building complex is a 3 -star hotel for hikers and vacationers.
- Monument Shostakovich bust: At the intersection Schandauer Street / Papstdorfer road, the club Shostakovich days founded in 2009, situated in Gohrisch in memory of the two stays of Dimitri Shostakovich a bronze bust. She recalls in particular the 1960 composed here 8th string quartet, which was interpreted by Rudolf Barshai.
- Forsthof: The Grade II listed building built in 1600 group of court was the seat of the electoral Forest Service for the areas of Saxon Switzerland.
- Church: The church dates from Cunnersdorfer 1854 / 55th The equipment was taken down from the previous and includes, inter alia, an altarpiece of 1666.
- Church: The church was built in 1787 in the style of the late Baroque. It has a historically valuable, two-manual mechanical grinding chest organ of 1845. The builder is Wilhelm Leberecht Herbrig. Place and church are a station on the Herbig - organ road.
International Shostakovich days
Since 2010, the organized " International Shostakovich Days" in Gohrisch, since Shostakovich in 1960 and in 1972 resided in the former guesthouse of the GDR Council of Ministers in Gohrisch for a cure and 1960 at the small pond composed his 8.Streichquartett.
In 2011 the conductor Kurt Sanderling received the undoped International Shostakovich Prize Gohrisch.
Economy and infrastructure
Gohrisch lives primarily from tourism and agriculture. The community and its districts possessed in 2010 over 20 accommodation establishments with 841 beds offered in which 29 246 89 003 arrivals and overnight stays were registered. In 2010, a total of 382 community social insurance contributions were recorded, of which 166 on the economic sector mining and manufacturing. The only employer in this area is based in Cunnersdorf Landbäckerei Schmidt, who operates about 20 stores in Dresden and the Saxon Switzerland. From the community area, two-thirds ( 2,315 acres ) of forest land and plenty of one-quarter ( 981 acres ) of agricultural land. In the municipality of 2010, seven farms were established.