Golling an der Salzach
- 3.1 municipal
- 3.2 Coat of Arms
- 4.1 traffic
- 4.2 Media 4.2.1 Transmitter hair mountain
- 5.1 Leisure
The municipality is located in the Salzach valley in the Tennengau in Salzburg, 25 km south of Salzburg. Until the end of May 1923, the village belonged to the district court Golling, since June 1, 1923 she is part of the judicial district of Hallein.
Quarters are: market, Obergäu, Torren. Obergäu and Torren were formerly independent communities, but have been affiliated to Golling over time. Here, then, the then Golling was named "market" as the district.
It is the last village before it goes from Salzburg directly into the mountains. The location Gollings at the northern foot of Hagengebirge and Tennen mountains brings with unpredictable weather conditions, the place is often referred to as a weather hole because it rains here more often than in the northern neighboring communities.
The municipality comprises the three villages (in brackets population as of 31 October 2011):
- Golling an der Salzach (1810 )
- Obergäu ( 1306)
- Torren (978)
The municipality comprises the cadastral Golling, Obergäu and Torren.
In the district of Torren at around 10 m increased Nikolausberg on the western edge of the Salzach valley a Celtic tool depot was discovered in 1982 (see Ambisont ). The Nicholas Berg, with an area of 10x120 m and surrounded by rock faces has traces of settlements from the Mesolithic ( Middle Stone Age ) on to the Roman period. The custodian of a blacksmith from the La Tène period was exposed by systematic excavations of the Museum of National History Golling at a depth of only 35 cm. A heavy anvil in pyramid shape and a little flatter, two large forging tongs, a hearth shovel, a band of iron and an iron ring and slag finds prove the blacksmith shop. The objects are now on display in the local museum in Golling Castle.
The place name is a colonization by Slavs ( Slow Golica, overgrown with grass mountain '). 1241 was the first documentary mention of the place name as " Golingen " (then with an " l" ) a charter of Archbishop Eberhard II in 1284 was the first mention of Golling as a market town. The Golling castle was the seat of a 1438-1803 Salzburg nursing judgment.
1809 there was fighting the allied French and Bavarians against the Austrians and the Salzburg regional rifle at Pass Lueg. From 1810 to 1816 it belonged to the Kingdom of Bavaria. In 1820 it came to the re-establishment of Pfleggerichtes as " KK Pfleggericht ". 1896 saw the establishment of the district of Hallein ( Tennengau ) and the integration Gollings.
- ÖVP: 13
- SPÖ: 5
- FPO: 3
The seats parameters is outdated and obsolete!
The council consists of 21 members and is since the municipal elections of 2009 mandates the following parties together:
Coat of arms
The municipal coat of arms is described:
As the raven came in the coat of arms: Long ago stood on the Hiasenwand a castle. When the castle woman washed her, they put a diamond ring on the window ledge. The ring disappeared without a trace. The valet was suspected of having stolen the ring. He was sentenced and he was later executed. A shepherd took one day to ring the castle woman in a raven 's nest. Since then, the Raven is pictured with the ring at the bottom of Golling coat of arms.
Economy and infrastructure
Golling is right on the Salzburg -Tiroler -Bahn and has its own train station ( Golling -Abtenau ), from which the main cities of Salzburg, Graz, Klagenfurt, Innsbruck, Linz, St. Pölten and Vienna with EC, ÖBB IC, REX and the S3 (S -Bahn Salzburg) are achievable.
Golling is via the A 10 Tauern motorway accessible and is located on the streets with priority B 159 and B 162
Transmitter hair mountain
On the hair mountain at Golling is a transmission tower of the Telekom Austria. He serves as Füllsenderstandort, the V.A. private stations broadcasting. He also served for the dissemination of private television until Austria has introduced the DVB -T. The coverage area extends to the center of Salzburg and is also the most beautiful countryside of importance. In the south of the station is about to Radstadt. He is also incorrectly referred to as the "Sender Hallein ". At the transmitter hair mountain following channels are currently being broadcast:
Culture and sights
- Museum Burg Golling: local history museum with natural, cultural and historical collections (Fossils)
- Thannhauser Farmers' Museum
- Golling Waterfall: Natural Monument, between Golling and Kuchl
- Pass Lueg, Talengpass the Salzach
Center of Golling
Center of Golling
Struber monument at Pass Lueg
- Medieval Festival of Forum Castelli: the end of August each year
- Aqua Salza: the wellness spa with family pool was opened in November 2008 under the new name
- Flir Cornelius (1867-1923), teacher and politician
- Johann Lienbacher (1818 - 1893), second priest and co-founder of the Park Association