Gondomar Municipality, Portugal
Template: Infobox city in Portugal / Maintenance / old parameter despite LAU
Template: Infobox Municipio / maintenance / management address is empty
Template: Infobox city in Portugal / Maintenance / No Freguesia
Template: Infobox city in Portugal / Maintenance / card is blank Template: Infobox city in Portugal / Maintenance / old parameter despite LAU
Template: Infobox city in Portugal / Maintenance / Height is empty
Template: Infobox city in Portugal / Maintenance / mayor is empty
Template: Infobox city in Portugal / maintenance / road is empty
Template: Infobox city in Portugal / maintenance / management location is empty Template: Infobox city in Portugal / Maintenance / Web page is blank Gondomar [ ɡõdumaɾ ] is a city ( Cidade ) in Portugal, with approximately 26,000 inhabitants.
Finds indicate a prehistoric settlement. The Romans promoted in the field of gold and take advantage of the strategic location. The name comes from his time as a place of Western Goth and derives from the Visigothic Gundemar, of 610 AD, installed its Administrative District here. However, the Visigoths left no traces in Gondomar.
The present town was probably made in the course of repopulation during the Christian Reconquista. King D. Sancho I gave Gondomar 1193 first city rights, which were of King D. Manuel I in 1515 renewed in the course of his administrative reforms.
1868 Council Gondomar was extended by a series municipalities, including the newly formed municipality of São Cosme as the headquarters of the district. Gondomar was raised in 1927 to the small town ( Vila ) and 1991 to the city ( Cidade ). 1995 Rio Tinto and 2005 Valbom the city was charged.
The Soccer Team Gondomar SC plays its home games of Série C, the third division ( Campeonato Nacional de Seniores ) in the 2,450 -seat stadium Estádio de São Miguel in Gondomar from. (As of season 2013/14 )
Gondomar 's seat of an eponymous district ( concelho ) in the district of Porto. June 30, 2011 had the circle 168 205 inhabitants in an area of 131.9 km ².
The following municipalities ( Freguesias ) lying in circle Gondomar:
- Monday after the first Sunday in October
- Spain Gondomar, Galicia, Spain ( since 1981)
- France Feyzin, France ( since 1986)
- United Kingdom Barton -upon -Humber, United Kingdom ( since 1993)
- Cape Verde Praia, Cape Verde ( since 2001)
Although the surrounding mines have been closed for 200 years, is in a circle traditionally goldsmiths and jewelery industry of importance to this day. To this end, the building materials industry, construction, metal processing, textile industry and the trade has to be mentioned. Agriculture also remains a factor in the local economy.
Gondomar is connected via the A43 motorway to the Portuguese road network.
Public transport is ensured by a number of bus routes STCP. In addition, the F-line of light rail in the municipality of Porto Fanzeres has its starting point. In planned further expansion stages, the line will I reach the center of Gondo Mars.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Clemente Vieira (1629-1692), Bishop of Angra in the Azores
- Manuel de Santa Inês (1762-1840), Bishop of Porto
- João de Castro França e Moura (1804-1868), Bishop of Beijing and of Porto
- Rosa Damasceno (1845-1904), actress
- José Alves de Moura ( b. 1940 ), became known in Brazil as Beijoqueiro who succeeds again and again, celebrities kissing in public
- Zulmiro de Carvalho ( born 1940 ), sculptor and university teacher
- Manuel Monteiro Serafim Pereira (1943-1994), international footballer
- Marta Moreira (born 1966 ), Olympic track and field athlete
- Pedro Barbosa (born 1970 ), football player
- Henrique Hilário ( b. 1975 ), football player
- André Castro (* 1988), football player
- Filipa Azevedo (* 1991), singer
The music group Slimmy comes from Gondomar.
D. João de Castro França e Moura
Zulmiro de Carvalho ( 2013)
Henrique Hilário in the jersey of Chelsea ( 2008)
Filipa Azevedo at the Euro Vision Song Contest 2010