The district of Goslar is a district in the southeast of Lower Saxony. Administrative center is the large independent city of Goslar.
- 2.1 Management history
- 2.2 membership
- 2.3 Population development
- 3.1 District
- 3.2 Kreistag
- 3.3 Coat of Arms
- 3.4 partnerships
- 4.1 Economics
- 4.2 traffic
The district of Goslar is bordered to the west by the district of Northeim and the district of Hildesheim, in the north to the Wolfenbüttel district and the district-free city of Salzgitter, to the east by the Saxony-Anhalt Harz district and to the Thuringian district of Nordhausen and on the south by the county Osterode am Harz ( Lower Saxony).
In the physiographic division of the district of Goslar, Germany includes the southwestern parts of the Inner Uplands and the western part of the edge of the Harz trough. With the Harly also includes a part of the group consisting of individual, unrelated areas of landscape Harlyberg Case Stone Huyberg - Hakel - Blankenburger surveys of the county. The entire southern part is occupied by the resin, which is divided in this area in the upper and middle resin. In addition, a small part belongs south of Seesen the southwestern Harz mountains.
While in the northern part of the district of Goslar only heights between 200 and something reaches more than 300 meters (eg, bear head, 307 m and Harlyberg, 256 m), the mountains reach heights significantly greater in the Upper Harz (eg Thick head, 670 m and Schalke, 762 m). In the Middle resin with Achtermannshöhe (925 m), Bruchberg ( 927 ) and worm mountain are ( 971 m) even reaches heights of up to nearly 1000 m. This is also the highest mountain of Lower Saxony in this county.
All the major rivers in the district of Goslar, in the Harz Mountains and spring were partially dammed. Mentioned are the Nette, the innermost ( with its tributaries Neile and Grane ) and the Oker ( with its tributaries wheel and Ecker ). In addition, in the district of Goslar spring the Oder and the Warme Bode, one of the two sources of Bode. Larger bodies of water created in the district in three different ways:
- Vienenburger the lake and the Vienenburger gravel ponds can be traced back to the gravel mining in this area,
- The reservoirs of the heart, Grane, Oker and Ecker Dam were applied among others for flood protection and drinking water and
- The ponds of the Upper Harz Water Regale, which also still includes ditches and water courses, the Upper Harz Mining served.
The entire portion of the resin in the district of Goslar belongs to the inter-district Harz Nature Park, except for an area in the southwest, is protected even stricter than transnational Harz National Park. In addition there are 22 nature reserves.
See also: List of nature reserves in the former Brunswick County.
As on April 1, 1885 the offices of the former Kingdom of Hanover in the Prussian province of Hanover circles were formed, there was also the district of Goslar ( from the offices of love and Wöltingerode castle and the town of Goslar ). The city forest Goslar, who had heard up to that point to the duchy of Brunswick, was reclassified in 1890 to Prussia and so enlarged the county.
Two reductions of the circular area were made on 1 April 1922 with the Auskreisung the city of Goslar and 1928 with the dissolution of the estate districts in Prussia, two of which incorporated into the city of Goslar. On April 1, 1942, the district had to give seven communities to form the city of Salzgitter - Watenstedt; at the same time he received the community Ostharingen, who had been an exclave of the county Gander home until then.
Major changes took place only after the municipal reform in Lower Saxony in three steps:
Originally formed as a Prussian district, the county came on November 1, 1941, together with the independent city of Goslar to the Free State of Brunswick, which in turn had to give the county Holzminden to Prussia. After the war the county was in the British Zone of Occupation and became part of Lower Saxony.
( From 1968 Stand as of December 31 )
From November 2006 to February 2013, Stephan Manke (SPD ) district administrator. Manke was appointed on February 19, 2013 to the Secretary of State in the Lower Saxony Ministry of Interior. Until the election of a new district administrator on June 2, the First District Councillor Kathrin over pond took office by Stephan Manke. On June 2, 2013 were elected as new District Administrator Thomas Brych (SPD).
The County Council Election on 11 September 2011 was as follows:
- SPD: 39.7% - 20 seats (-1)
- CDU: 35.4% - 18 seats (± 0)
- GREEN: 10.5% - 5 seats ( 3)
- Citizens list: 5.0% - 2 seats ( 1)
- FDP: 3.9% - 2 seats (-2)
- LEFT: 3.8% - 2 seats (± 0)
- NPD: 1.7 % - 1 seat ( 1)
Coat of arms
Blazon: In gold and red split; front half rotbewehrter black eagle at the split rear on the left inverted, gold reinforced and blaugezungter silver lion.
Since 2000, a partnership with the Polish district Trzebnica in Lower Silesia. Other partnerships were with the former District Frederiksborg Amt ( Denmark), and the former district of Wernigerode.
Economy and infrastructure
The largest employer in the county is the chemical company HC Starck, which is known, inter alia, for its metal (tantalum, tungsten, molybdenum ) and ceramic ( cobalt, nickel, boron) powder. Another larger farms the company Harzer zinc oxides, Crown, Mann Hummel, Sonnen Bassermann, Asklepios Harzkliniken ( Goslar, Bad Harzburg and Clausthal- Zellerfeld ) and the Asklepios Kliniken Schildautal ( Seesen ) should be mentioned. Company Trinks is a great Getränkelogist, which is represented in Germany and established his headquarters in Goslar. Of great importance is tourism.
Chemetall Langelsheim produced primarily lithium products. This metal is in addition to other products increasingly for lithium batteries of importance, which will be important as a power source for electric vehicles. Here, the lithium battery research is done by electric cars for recycling. In addition, the company Electrocycling is located, which operates one of the largest recycling facilities for electrical equipment in Europe.
On the western edge of the county to Seesen the A runs in a north -south direction 7 Kassel in the south and in the north of Hannover. In Vienenburg the A 395 heading towards Braunschweig begins.
Also planned was the A-36, but their plans were discarded and replaced by the B 82 and B 6n.
A variety of federal roads traversed the district of Goslar. These include the B 4, B 6, B 6n and the B 82, B 241, B 242 and B 498
The area of present-day district was connected to the railway network with the railway Brunswick- Bad Harzburg in 1840. Of the railway line branched Brunswick- Kreiensen about Seesen since 1856 and the railway line Vienenburg - Goslar from since 1866. Since 1875, form the railway Hildesheim - Goslar and the former railway line Halberstadt - Vienenburg (until 1945, now with a new course along the railway line Heudeber - Danstedt - Vienenburg ) part of the connection Hannover-Nord resin - Halle ( Saale). Add to that the connection from Seesen to Herzberg and the connections Seesen - Goslar Goslar and Bad Harzburg.
Skiing around Clausthal- Zellerfeld to Altenau ( Innerstetal orbit) and the train connections to Brown Location ( Suedharz railway) and St. Andrew Berg (Oder Valley Railway ) have been removed in the meantime. The branch line Derneburg - Seesen is inoperative. The former polyline Halberstadt - water life - Vienenburg - Grauhof - Langelsheim served until 1945, the east-west through traffic and is also gone.
After extensive closures of railway lines of the bus traffic has a great importance in the resin.
Cities and Towns
The district of Goslar is composed of 13 municipalities, of which 8 cities.
In brackets the number of inhabitants on 31 December 2012.
Joint communities with their member communities
* Head Samtgemeinde management
- 2 Samtgemeinde Upper Harz ( 15,616 )
- Harz (Landkreis Goslar ) ( 371.76 km ², uninhabited )