Graves is a market town with 1407 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013 ) in the district of Hollabrunn in Lower Austria ( Austria ).
Graves located in the wine district in Lower Austria. The area of the municipality covers 30.94 square kilometers. 7.56 percent of the area is forested.
The municipality comprises the following five villages (in brackets population as of 31 October 2011):
- Mittergrabern (312 )
- Obergrabern (129 )
- Top Steinabrunn (126 )
- Schöngrabern ( 752 )
- Windpassing (99 )
The municipality comprises the cadastral Mittergrabern, Obergrabern, Obersteinabrunn, Schöngrabern and Windpassing.
In the core Austrian state of Lower Austria lying the place informed the eventful history of Austria.
According to the result of the registers 2011 census, there are currently 1,418 inhabitants. 2001: 1357 inhabitants 1991: 1308 inhabitants 1981: 1293 inhabitants 1971: 1313 inhabitants
- Mayor of the municipality is Ing Herbert Leeb, head of department is Herta Schuch.
- In the market there are a total of 19 council seats after the municipal elections of 14 March 2010, the following distribution of seats: 14 ÖVP, SPÖ 5
Culture and sights
- Parish Schöngrabern: In Schöngrabern is a Romanesque church from the 13th century (around 1210/1230 built ), a unique jewel of Romanesque architecture.
- Stone Bible Schöngrabern: The apse of the parish church has a rich exterior decorative figures and scenes from the Old and New Testament.
- Lapidary in the rectory: The Lapidary - a medieval masonry in 1473 and a brick vault from 1791, the period of the works - is located below the present parsonage. In these premises are sculptures, fragments and remnants of medieval architecture, which were found in later masonry, shown, including the former Emporenkapitell and its base. With photo documentation of the parish church. Open from early April to early November ( helpline 43 2952 2132 ).
Non-agricultural workplaces, there were 40 in 2001, agricultural and forestry holdings according to the 1999 survey 91 The number of persons employed at the residence was according to the 2001 census 637 The employment rate in 2001 was 47.38 percent.