Grand Prix du Comminges
The Circuit du Comminges was a temporary race course on public roads in the province of Comminges, Haute- Garonne near Saint- Gaudens, were extended to the 1925-1952 auto racing.
On this track, which over the years had different track lengths, Grand Prix races took place in the 1920s and 1930s. The first race in 1925 was won by Frenchman Goury a Bignan example here of the 1928 French Grand Prix was run, which ended with a victory for the British William Crover - Williams. The track length was 27 kilometers.
After the Second World War race of the Formula 2 race were aligned. The last winners were André Simon and Alberto Ascari who took turns at the wheel of a Ferrari 500.
Between 1927 and 1949, three times the French Grand Prix at the Circuit du Comminges was also held for motorcycles. Winner this were, among others, Frank Longman, Syd Crabtree, Fergus Anderson and Leslie Graham.