It is the capital of the comarca of Vallès Oriental in Barcelona province is drained by the Besòs. The population is 59,753 (as of 1 January 2013). Granollers is the most densely populated city of Catalonia.
Despite the numerous industrial settlements there in Granollers also worth seeing.
- La Porxada is a Renaissance building that formerly served as a storehouse for grain.
- On Carrer de Corró is the former Hospital de Sant Doménec, now a theater in the restored gothic style.
Granollers was the venue for the Handball Games of the 1992 Olympics and was one of the venues for the World Handball Championship for Men 2013.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Gerard López ( b. 1979 ), football player
- Aleix Espargaró (* 1989), motorcycle racer
- Pol Espargaró (* 1991), motorcycle racer